The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting against hunger in the world. WFP's mission is to help the world achieve the Zero Hunger goal by 2030 . Every day, WFP works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need to lead productive and healthy lives.
At this level, the incumbents will essentially provide administrative, financial and operational support to the teams, and report to the supervisor. The work is carried out under close supervision or assistance from the supervisor.
They must produce precise results, Perform a range of support tasks for colleagues, so that the latter have the necessary support for the efficient execution of their missions.
Under the direct supervision of the Heads of the respective Land Offices and the technical supervision of the Administrative Assistant , the Business Support Assistants / Admin-Finances will :
- Collect, sort and distribute correspondence, reports and other documents to meet staff needs, in accordance with time standards;
- Ensure the inventory of IT equipment, furniture and other goods of the field office WFP, by updating the management database (GEMS).
- Supervise and evaluate the quality of the services provided by the holders of service provision contracts (maintenance, cleaning, etc.)
- Effectively and efficiently manage Office Supplies while producing monthly and semi-annual reports.
- Record and classify "arrival" and "departure" letters.
- Support the collection and archiving (filing) of office files, documents and archives in accordance with the systems and processes in place, so that the information is up-to-date and readily available to staff;
- Order mineral water.
- Monitor office supply requests, take inventory, transmit reports and follow up with the Country Office for the supply.
- Participate in the organization of meetings and workshops, develop and share minutes and reports of meetings with colleagues
- Perform all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Manage the Petty Cash, and any other funds made available to the Sub-Office in accordance with the financial procedures in place, then prepare usage reports for submission to the Country Office
- Check the financial reports and invoices of the Partners then prepare the various payment requests for transmission to the Country Office;
- Prepare payment requests for rent and recurring services invoices.
- Ensure that the attendance sheets of the staff of the
- Monitor and manage personnel files by ensuring the application of procedures related to Human Resources management (leave monitoring, contracts, evaluations, time sheets, etc.)
- Have staff sign contracts and amendments and send it to the Human Resources unit at the Country Office;
- Make badge renewal requests and send them to the Country Office.
Fleet of Vehicles / Travel:
- Manage fuel, prepare consumption reports and update the management base (fleet wave);
- Ensure compliance with travel-related procedures and prepare travel documents (mission order, mission request, security clearance);
- Make hotel reservations for missionaries.
For this mission, you will need to have the following skills;
- Good organizational skills, the ability to work under pressure, in a team, to perform several tasks at the same time.
- The C nowledge policies, the United Nations rules; Fluency in a second official WFP language, training and / or experience in the use of Information and Management Systems, knowledge of FAO / WFP financial regulations would be an asset.
Desired Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Have a high school diploma, supplemented by a post-secondary certificate in management, banking, finance, accounting, economics in general.
- Have at least nine (9) months of work experience in the field of general administration, financial / accounting support;
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as computer photocopiers and scanners;
- Knowledge of standardized business support routines and working methods;
- Knowledge of standard office software, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Shows tact and courtesy in giving and receiving information with a variety of people;
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Languages: Fluency in French (oral and written).