The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is the largest humanitarian agency fighting against hunger in the world. WFP's mission is to help the world achieve the Zero Hunger goal by 2030 . Every day, WFP works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially women and children, can access the nutritious food they need to lead productive and healthy lives.
You will have to strengthen the School Feeding team for better monitoring and evaluation of the transition process of the school feeding program through the implementation of the national school feeding policy of Guinea and the new school feeding policy. WFP for school canteens.
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Program Associate in charge of School Feeding and the general supervision of the Program Manager, the Business Support Assistant / School Feeding will be responsible for:
- Collect monthly reports from sub-offices and produce a quarterly report on the implementation of school canteen activities;
- Assist in the management of school canteens in WFP sub-offices (training of management committees, targeting, reporting, etc.);
- Ensure the monthly reporting and accuracy of statistical data, partner reports of the school canteen component,
- Contribute to the organization of workshops relating to school canteens,
- Participate in the various program meetings and other country office management committees, if necessary;
- Produce vouchers for the delivery of food to partners (FRN) and vouchers for food transfers between WFP offices (FTN);
- Prepare the correspondence of the section;
- Ensure that food is delivered on time to the field offices by ensuring good coordination with the WFP logistics unit;
- Initiate and monitor purchase requests related to school canteen activities
- Provide the necessary support to the interim Senior Program Associate, in charge of school canteens
- Perform other related duties as required.
- For this mission, you will need to have the following skills;
- Good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to work in a team, ability to perform several tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge of United Nations policies, rules and procedures; Fluency in a second official WFP language, training and / or experience in the use of Information and Management Systems, knowledge of FAO / WFP financial regulations would be an asset.
- Degree of involvement in the management of school canteens in the five WFP field offices (support for the training of management committees, targeting, etc.);
- Degree of involvement in the organization of workshops relating to school canteens
- Production of the minutes of the country office management committees relating to the section within the deadlines required for the various;
- Food delivery coupons to partners (FRN) and food transfer coupons between WFP offices (FTN) are established on time
- The correspondence of the section is established on time;
- The food is transported to the field offices and delivered to the schools on time;
- The activities of the school canteens unit continue normally even in the absence of the School Canteen Officer.
Desired Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Have a high school diploma, supplemented by a post-secondary certificate in social sciences or related field.
- Have at least nine (9) months of work experience in supporting the implementation of school canteen activities or projects / program;
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as computer photocopiers and scanners;
- Knowledge of standardized business support routines and working methods;
- Knowledge of standard office software, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Shows tact and courtesy in giving and receiving information with a variety of people;
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Languages: Fluency in French (oral and written).