The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Would you like to change and save lives with the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme is seeking for a talented Business Support Assistant to work in the Regional Bureau based in Panama City, Panama. The job holder may perform administrative support functions and will assist the Deputy Regional Director through the following responsibilities (non-exhaustive), in close collaboration and under the guidance of the Business Support Associate to the Regional Director.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. The job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff. Use tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Organize travel arrangements, process boarding passes and Travel Agency receipts. Coordinate hotel accommodations, meeting registrations documents and official transportation as needed.
- Support the Organization with the logistics arrangements of workshops, meeting, seminars, and related activities.
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the HR Officer and HR Associate including but not limited to the on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of HR rosters of applications received.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Evaluation Officer.
- Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Minimum four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in general administration or related field. Additional years of relevant experience would be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word. Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision. Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.