Are you passionate about improving finance, budget and programming applications that will enhance the way we operate and will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you!
At WFP, we are looking for a hardworking Business System Analyst, P3 in Rome, Italy who will be involved in supporting the Resources Management (RM) WFP Information Network and Global Systems (WINGS) Helpdesk Team ensuring continuous and efficient WINGS system maintenance and improvement for finance, budget and programming applications, and act as senior process specialist for payments, payroll and treasury functional areas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
As a Business System Analyst, you will be responsible for:
Manage the FINS WINGS Helpdesk requests pertaining Treasury, Payments and payroll functional areas:
- Provide first level support to the help desk requests, providing user guidance on processes and system functionalities and answering the FAQ;
- Analyse systems bugs reported by end users, coordinating and supporting the implementation of the relevant fixes;
- Analyse change requests, document requirements and design system changes coordinating the relevant implementation with IT department in line with application maintenance procedure;
- Periodically provide status report of the outstanding requests;
Act as Bank Communication Manager, maintaining WFP corporate disbursement systems and channels:
- ensure the continuous alignment of the communication channel with SWIFT standards coordinating system upgrade with IT department;
- maintain the configuration of the payment file formats to the local payment regulation of the different countries where WFP operates;
- implement the SWIFT disbursement channel in new country offices in line with the organization strategies and the finalization of banking agreement between WFP corporate banks and the organization;
- implement new electronic payment type (e.g. mobile wallet, electronic cheque) in line with the banking market evolution;
- monitor the BCM disbursement channel to ensure payment files instructions are properly delivered to WFP corporate Banks (Ecobank, Citibank, Standard Chartered Bank), and statements are received, following up with the bank technical teams when issues occur;
Maintain the PASsport and Atlas payroll posting WFP Information Network and Global Systems (WINGS) interfaces parameters:
- maintain the Entitlements mapping tables are properly updated and in line with WFP accounting requirements;
- maintain the application custom tables to ensure the latest Organizational unit structure is always reflected;
- ensure disbursement methods configuration and access rights to payroll sensitive data are maintained in line with WFP requirements and delegation;
- Support FIN corporate project initiatives and digital transformation initiatives acting as Treasury and Payroll Senior Process Experts, ensuring the integration of the initiatives with the Corporate financial ERP.
Coordinate and be responsible for the Administration of WFP disbursement systems, BCM and corporate EPS:
- Ensure the assignment of user access rights to disbursement functionalities worldwide in line with WFP bank signatory matrix and in line with segregation of duties;
- Enable and disable bank accounts in the disbursement system, ensuring the bank accounts are entitled in the different disbursement platform in line with the latest corporate cash pool structure
- Maintain under each account the relevant disbursement limit, in line with disbursement needs of the country office and with the financial risk mitigation strategy requirements;
- Deliver training to the FIN staff on financial processes and system functionalities using different modalities (remote training, recorded webinars, E-learning and on-site classroom) and write user manuals;
- Build support capacity within FINS unit, ensuring Local Process Experts of the units are trained on the new solutions deployed and can act as backup.
- Maintain and develop further the Treasury and Payroll reporting tools (Staff Cost Variance report, treasury ABAP queries, Payroll open items Dashboard) to ensure the different reports are always aligned with the organization changes
- Any other duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) plus specialized qualifications and/or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation and support of SAP/ECC Finance modules, in particular Accounts Payables, Treasury, Funds management, Payroll and their integration and the related financial reporting tools;
- At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the area of finance and treasury.
- Experience in project implementation methodologies, standards, tools and techniques.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.