Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is seeking mid-level and senior-level consultants to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) support on an as needed basis. Consultants must have recent PEPFAR MEL experience (last 3 years) and skills in at least two of the areas listed below.
- Illustrative tasks
- Support the analysis of routine PEPFAR data to answer priority questions
- Support project results tracking
- Support the finalization of MEL documents including MEL Plans, learning agendas
- Clean and interpret data with descriptive statistics (e.g. two-way cross tabs) or more sophisticated statistical analysis (e.g., secondary analysis, triangulation, modelling)
- Develop data visualizations
- Support database improvements for improved user experience, better data visualization
- Develop solutions for anticipated and unanticipated data challenges, including varying data quality, validity, and completeness
- Leading training on project indicators, answering questions on reporting using MEL indicators, confirming reported results and supporting documentation
- Support project reporting and writing and sharing project stories using quantitative and qualitative data
- Results and performance tracking on PEPFAR projects; knowledge of MER indicators
- Candidates with at least 2 of the skills listed below are encouraged to apply:
- Using routine clinical HIV data for decision making
- Advanced skills using statistical software (e.g., Stata, SPSS, R, SAS, SQL)
- Advanced skills in using data visualization platforms such as advanced Excel visualizations, Tableau, Google Data Studio and other platforms
- Skills in working with and managing data from information systems (e.g., DHIS 2, DHIS 2 Tracker, electronic medical records)
- GIS skills
Key competencies (all required)
- Ability to deliver under extremely tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity in task load and able to operationalize ideas into solutions
- Adaptability; ability to pivot workflow and plans rapidly
- Critical and reflective thinking skills; systems thinking skills