Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED started its activities in Bangladesh in 2017 in order to respond to the urgent needs of the Rohingya refugee populations arriving in the country.
You will be in charge of
Camp Coordination and Management
Planning and Strategy Development :
- Ensure collaboration with the relevant CCCM actors in the planning, development of sites, ensuring that site designs support protection and assistance of men, women, boys and girls;
- Ensure regular site needs assessment and gap analysis are conducted with all CCCM stakeholders in the camps;
- Map and track “who is doing what, where, when”;
- Map out the operational requirements for the response within displacement sites, and identify and establish (where necessary) standards and guidelines that facilitate interoperability to ensure that activities are carried out;
- Develop and update agreed response strategies for the camps, including “exit”/transition strategy for site closures and action plans for the cluster and ensuring that these are adequately reflected in overall country strategies, such as the Consolidated Appeal Process (CAP) and Response Plans;
- Support Camp Managers to conduct contingency planning based on worst-case and most likely scenarios in terms of population movements;
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent CCCM strategy across the camps
Administrative and Operational Management of CCCM Project Implementation
- Review the BFU(s) to avoid under/over spending
- Ensure accurate budget forecasting and expense planning
- Contribute to the development of project procurement plans
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalise suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenario
- Ensure timely procurement and adherence to rules of origin and nationality
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development
- Project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in development programmes
- 1-2 years previous work experience in a relevant position
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances.