Camp Management Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council, El Geneina, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, Gadarif and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Camp Management Coordinator to be part of establishing NRC's programme in Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management of Camp Management project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Contribute to Camp Management strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, considering where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Collaborate with CM PDM to develop tools and materials as needed for project implementation
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly CM team planning and operational coordination (for CM teams in the Field Office), including on Support functions (on budgets and spending, recruitment, administrative liaison, grants reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Oversee and manage programme quality of CM team activities in West Darfur, including accountability to and effective engagement with affected people
- Contribute to risk management framework for programming in West Darfur Field Office, and support in implementing risk mitigation measures
- Ensure CM project activities are fully documented for financial, reporting, accountability, learning, and communication purposes.
- Undertake regular field visits to spot check and monitor project progress and performance.
- Experience from working in camp-based humanitarian project implementation position
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- University degree in a relevant subject, ideal
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO or UN agency
- At least 1 years’ experience in a team leadership or line management position;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Preferable knowledge in either (or multiple) of the following fields of intervention: CCCM, WASH, Shelter/infrastructure
- Prefered to be from Darfur