One of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a CCCM Team Leader to assist in overall day to day management of DRC’s camp coordination activities.
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened up a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The CCCM Team Leader is responsible to assist the Camp Manager in the coordination of assistance and services at camp level. This entails building effective collaboration with a diversity of stakeholders, ranging from refugees, community representatives, humanitarian partners, host communities and local authorities. The Team Leader reports to the Site Manager combined with maintaining lateral communication and coordination with the DRC Protection, Shelter and Site Operations staff, whilst also supervising the Site Management (SM) Officers, Assistants, Community Services (CS) Officers.
- Assist in overall day to day management of DRC’s camp coordination activities and directly manage the staff members as listed above, including coaching, co-ordination between staff, timely recruiting and tracking of team progress.
- Provide weekly updates of programme activities and track progress on the activity tracker.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining coordination amongst the camp actors, including government representatives, UN agencies, international NGOs and national NGOs and other service providers and refugee groups by supporting the Site manager in existing coordination mechanisms. Arranging the weekly Coordination meeting in Camp, sending out the minutes / action points regularly.
- Compiling relevant Camp information - writing weekly and fortnightly reporting as required. Update any tools used for coordination purposes or information management as required.
- Assist in monitoring, in close collaboration with Protection, Shelter & Site Operations: all technical work carried out in the camp setting, including water, sanitation and hygiene activities, construction activities, and any other activities implemented by DRC, as well as the activities of other organisations. Ensure all activities respect international standards for each sector. Assist in supporting information gathering and participatory assessments undertaken within the camp.
- Support the CiC and the SM in leading the emergency preparedness and response on camp level including, planning, reporting, assessments, coordination, messaging, relocation and any other relevant activity.
- Organize and coordinate capacity building initiatives for community groups, safety unit volunteers, Site Management Support volunteers on emergency preparedness and response.
- Assist in working with Protection, Shelter & Site Operation teams in the development of key relationships with camp and government leaders to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, data collection, and community outreach.
- Assist in monitoring the distribution of all items in the camp to ensure that minimum standards and operating procedures are respected and applied.
- Lead with the CS team the elections and/or selection of the camp governance committee.
- Work closely with the camp governance committee and ensure good camp governance.
- Support the CS team in the development and support of the different representative committees and community groups, including facilitating the formation of new groups, coordinating meetings and workshops, implementing training and community interventions.
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of community led projects.
- Assist in coordination with the government security apparatus, police, camp administration and the refugee community to ensure the security and safety of refugees and the camp is maintained.
- Represent the DRC in external forums as requested by the supervisor.
- Provide feedback regarding work plans, contingency plans and general programme implementation.
- Assist in working with HR department in all HR related issues in the camp.
- Assist with all procurement and logistical arrangements associated with the Camp, in collaboration with DRC procurement and logistics staff.
Experience and technical competencies:
- 3 years of experience in INGOs, specifically in complex emergency contexts.
- Experience managing teams preferably in an emergency context.
- Substantial experience operating in a refugee camp environment, preferably undertaking Camp Coordination activities.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes looked upon favorably.
- Experience in community services, youth activities, protection support and similar humanitarian programmes highly advantageous.
- Ability to work with large, multi-cultural people in a changing environment.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organisations.
Education: Advanced university degree would be an advantage.
- English – required
- Bengali -required
- Chittagonian – (preferable)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.