Purpose of the position:
This position is designed to coordinate the design and implementation of World Vision Mali campaigns at the local and national levels, build capacity of all stakeholders implement and mainstream campaign interventions facilitate external engagements with key development partners, learning, documentation and ensuring linkages with national strategic objectives and Child Well-Being (CWB) reporting requirements.
Provide leadership for the campaign strategy & resourcing
- Lead the development and implementation of World Vision Mali’s campaigns starting with but not limited to ‘’It takes a World to End Violence Against Children’’ Campaign
- Review National Office Strategies and policies and ensuring that campaign issues are embedded and integrated, and work closely with technical teams to ensure alignment with NO strategy
- Ensure that WV Mail’s campaigns contribute to the achievement of the National Office’s Strategic Objectives and to child well-being
- Coordinate and ensure synergy and integration of all campaigns in the national office strategic priorities and transversal themes (WASH, Education, economic development and livelihood; humanitarian and emergency affairs, faith and development, and child protection).
- In liaison with Advocacy Manager mobilize supporters, develop policy statements, document success stories and undertake appropriate advocacy tactics that will contribute to the realization of WV Mali’s Strategic objectives
- In partnership with Operations and Resource Acquisition and Management Directorates, ensure adequate resourcing of campaigns through sponsorship funding and grants (joint development of funding proposals)
- In consultation with Advocacy Manager build the capability of staff at all levels in integrated advocacy and campaign programming.
- Build capacity of all technical leads to undertake policy analysis and develop policy products for their respective sectors in conjunction with the Advocacy Manager
- Build capacity of children, other vulnerable groups, Community Based Organizations, local government agencies and other service providers to implement campaign and advocacy interventions
- Identify and select external organizations for the purposes of external engagement for policy influencing, campaigning, project scale by government, resource acquisition and other relationships of mutual benefit at all levels.
- Participate in networks/coalitions at all levels towards the attainment of WV Mali’s strategic objectives for the wellbeing of Most Vulnerable Children
- Identify and build networks of children from the Area Programme to National levels for the purposes amplifying their voice on issues that affect their wellbeing.
- Work with the Advocacy Manager to explore and engage with inter agency platforms at AP, sub-national and national levels towards building and sustaining overall momentum for national level policy advocacy and campaigns.
- Reporting on all advocacy and campaign outcomes.
- Produce knowledge management materials including child-led advocacy or community change projects, campaign fundraising and WV Mali image branding.
- Evidence and Learning
- Support DME and ADP Managers to design and monitor outputs and evaluate outcomes of campaigns proactively enhance learning, innovation and knowledge management around campaigns
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Public Policy, Social Science, Governance, Development Studies, public health or relevant discipline.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree, preferably in public health , Public Policy, Law, Social Work, Development Studies or other related field
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Management, public health or Governance is preferred.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired
- 4- 5 years of experience working in child protection: including child protection program design, implementation and monitoring; staff training and coaching.
- 4-5 years’ experience of developing and managing the implementation of Rights Based approaches.
- Experience of managing micro-macro linkages in working with community groups, networks and government agencies on Rights Based processes.
- Experience of managing empowering partnerships and other relationships.
- Experience of developing proposals and coordinating ideas for managing donor relationships.
- Sound knowledge in global political debates and their impacts on issues regarding water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Experienced in managing research projects and documentation
- Sound knowledge of sectors-WASH, Health/Nutrition, Education, HEA, Children/Women and their policies in Mali.
- Proven experience in managing national and international campaigns.
- Proven ability to work in multi –faith /security contexts
- Ability to support civil society efforts at submitting alternative/shadow reports to the UNCRC, ECOWAS or Africa Union
- Ability to train and mentor others in advocacy, child protection and gender knowledge, skills, attitudes and programming approaches. Able to coordinate and support learning on key child protection issues for the NO.
- Strong understanding of latest developments, research and trends in the field of health, education, WASH, economic development and child protection particularly in-country context.
- Proven ability in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating advocacy and campaign programmes.
- Proven Ability to influence, network and collaborate with national level government, NGO and UN Agency Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to WV values and able to demonstrate them.
- Self- motivated and able to work under pressure
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 25% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
Attitude and Behavior: World Vision reserves the right to disqualify a candidate who has any record relating to child abuse or opposite behavior to child protection, even after the hiring.