Capacity and Institution Strengthening Advisor
FHI 360, Ethiopia
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Capacity and Institution Strengthening Advisor in Ethiopia This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Assess organizational systems and SBC capacity and develop tailored technical assistance plans with selected partners
- Lead the design, delivery and monitoring of technical assistance plans to strengthen partner, CSO, and community structures’ ability to design, implement, and evaluate evidence-based SBC, in SBC leadership and coordination, and around related areas such as research and M&E, organization development, project platforms and materials, and on focal health SBC areas
- Design strategies, coordinate, and support the delivery of capacity strengthening-related activities in diverse areas of organizational development (leadership and management, financial management, human resources management, partner relations, outreach to beneficiaries and communications with multiple audiences, program monitoring and evaluation, technology utilization and others).
- Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate technical capacity is strengthened in various programmatic areas, particularly SBC and health, in collaboration with other technical teams.
- Ensure integration of capacity strengthening with other technical support activities for partners.
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in organizational development, public health, social science or a related field
- A minimum of 8-11 years of experience in progressively increasing responsibility in design and managing complex capacity (organizational and technical) and institution strengthening programs in developing countries involving multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience working with civil society, CSOs, and/or community in capacity strengthening programs in the Ethiopia. Strong knowledge of, and experience with organizational development of CSOs in challenging environments, and ability to inform content, materials development, methodology of organizational development activities.
- Understanding of the status and challenges facing CSOs and civil society in Ethiopia
- Proven ability to provide flexible and high-quality capacity strengthening support to project partners, stakeholders, and staff.
- Experience developing curricula, training materials and assessment tools for organizational development.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong understanding and previous experience working with, advising and providing capacity strengthening to the Government of Ethiopia and Ethiopian non-governmental organizations/civil society organizations (NGOs/CSOs) and private sector organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge of capacity strengthening methodologies at the system, organization, and individual level
- Professional training and experience with adult learning methods, training or facilitation, organizational capacity assessments, mapping and planning
- Strong understanding and expertise in SBC