Capacity Building Specialist
UNOPS, Geneva, Switzerland
Closing Date for Applications:
The SDG Lab is seeking to employ a consultant to develop interactive online courses with supportive learning and knowledge materials on how to create an initiative inspired by the SDG Lab model and/or its methods and learnings. The role of the consultant is to work with the Lab staff to extract internal knowledge and transform it into engaging, useful content.
- Within the supervision of the SDG Lab, the first section of the project will focus on the development of an overall concept for the training material. Approval of this concept by the SDG Lab team will kick off the second section of the project. This section involves development of the content as well as prototyping with a test user group, and finalization.
- The consultant may be expected to travel to Geneva during the contract period (depending on COVID situation). UNOPS will cover the costs, based on the most direct and economical route. UNOPS will pay the daily subsistence allowance as per UN-approved rate. The consultant must be fit to travel, be in a possession of the valid BSAFE Security certificate, have a valid own travel/medical insurance. The dates for the travel will be determined in consultation with the supervisor.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) preferable in Management, Communications, International Relations or other relevant fields. A Bachelor’s degree may be accepted with an addition of two years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of content creation and implementation of digital and self-directed learning experiences is required.
- Experience in user-centric design is desirable.
- Experience extracting specific organizational knowledge and facilitating multi-stakeholder interviews is desirable.
- A strong record for delivering high quality briefs that have actionable outcomes and recommendations is desirable
- Fluency in English required, and good knowledge of any other UN official languages would be considered an asset.