Capacity Building Specialist
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Lucknow, India
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas.
Position: Capacity Building Specialist, Regional Training Unit- Saksham Prerak
Saksham Prerak, in with the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) has built capacities of 9000 HIV counselors+30000 Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife (ANM) across India. Tata Institute of Social Sciences has established 10 Regional Training Units to conduct these training programmes. Each regional training unit shall cover 3 to 4 states. Trainings would be conducted at multiple locations.
Terms of Reference
- Coordination with CMO & SACS for trainee lists and training dates.
- Arranging for the venue, accommodation and food for ANM/Counsellor.
- Managing the logistics of the ANM/Counsellor training.
- Arranging for photocopying of all ANM/Counsellor training material and evaluation forms
- Anchor the ANM/Counsellor training programmes.
- Ensure the link between the training sessions and with the field experiences during ANM/Counsellor training.
- Undertake pre /post training evaluation during the training programmes during ANM/Counsellor training.
- Undertake introductory and valedictory session during ANM/Counsellor training programmes.
- Undertake recap, debriefing and regular energizers during the ANM/Counsellor training.
- Prepare the narrative report of ANM/Counsellor training programmes.
- Collecting and verifying the travel expenditure and submitting it to the HQ through Project Coordinator.
- Collecting, verifying and submitting the food /hotel bills to HQ through Project Coordinator.
- Minimum Desired Qualification: Master in Public Health/ Master in Health Administration/ Master of Social Work (Health & Mental Health or Public Health)/ M.A. (Counselling or Clinical Psychology) & disciplines allied to health
- Minimum 2 years of working experience, previous experience of undertaking state level training programmes for NHM /NACO staff especially ANM & Counsellors will be given preference.
Essential skills and other requirements:
- Ability to strategise and implement the programme to get the expected outcome.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills.
- Proficiency in using computers. Knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, PPT.
- Willingness to travel extensively within states assigned.
- High level of commitment and integrity and ability to work independently.
- Fluency in English and Hindi would be preferred.