Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
• Deliver all customized capacity development-related activities for CFMBs in diverse areas of organizational development (i.e. program management, resource mobilization, and monitoring and evaluation) and technical capacity development (e.g. land-use planning, water management, forest inventorying or climate-smart agricultural practices).
• Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate capacity is built in various areas of the program.
• Conduct technical and organizational capacity assessments (TOCA), network analysis (ONA), Organizational Performance Index (OPI) with partners.
• Provide technical direction in activity planning for all capacity development components including network strengthening.
• Develop materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring and coaching of partners, peer learning and other methodologies.
• Ensure flexibility and high quality of the capacity development support provided to the partners.
• Ensure integration of organizational capacity development with other technical support the project will provide to partners.
• Lead in program monitoring, evaluating, learning and periodic reporting related to capacity building.
• Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of activities planning, monitoring, and implementation.
• Contribute to the development of annual work plans, performance monitoring systems and tools, and writing of program reports.
• Ensure proper administration of logistical aspects related to capacity development activities.
• Remain up-to-date with latest methodologies, best practices, and donor requirements and ensure that the project CD results are consistent with the best practices of the industry.
• Actively participate in Pact’s capacity development Community of Practice.
• Travel frequently within Liberia.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additionally, one CDSO will have the following responsibilities:
• Oversee all administrative and financial operations to support the program. Proactively mitigate and manage financial and operation risks and issues that arise, in close collaboration with Pact DC portfolio team.
• Consistently monitor the project’s financial position including overseeing the development and review of annual project budgets, and financial transactions and reports.
• Maintain up to date understanding and adherence to Pact’s policies and procedures amongst all Pact Liberia staff.
• Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with all Liberian statutory and tax requirements.
• Provide proper supervision and management for all direct reports and ensure timely and quality inputs by staff and consultants. Oversee the recruitment and orientation of new staff as needed.
• Ensure the proper implementation of Pact’s performance management system for direct reports. This can include: proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching and identifying necessary staff development for direct reports.
• Masters or a related advanced degree in international development, organizational development, business or public management or a related area.
• A minimum of 5 years related experience in implementing technical and organizational capacity building programs.
• Ability to travel.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• Liberia resident (Liberian nationals strongly preferred)
• Substantial demonstrated experience in developing the capacity of community-based organizations and networks.
• Knowledge of US government rules and regulations.
• Strong planning and inter-cultural communication skills required.
• Proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in capacity development field.
• Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
• Quick learner.
• Ability to work independently and produce timely and high quality results.
• Experience working on other US Government-funded projects pertaining to technical and organization capacity development.
•Experience with personnel, budget and country operations management.