Capacity Development Specialist
Netherlands Development Organisation, Bujumbura, Burundi
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the overall guidance of the Project Manager the Capacity Development Specialist is responsible for the overall strategic guidance of the local implementing partners and integrated farm plan facilitation. S/he will strengthen capacities of local NGO partners on integrated farm plan facilitation, lead the knowledge and innovation agenda around integrated farm planning model and coordinate the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) strategy.
- Develop where needed and ensure implementation of strategic capacity development, integrated farm plan facilitation, behaviour change and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) intervention plans;
- Manage (where still required identify and select) local implementing partners to facilitate capacity development, PIP facilitation and behaviour change interventions;
- Strengthen capacity of local partners on capacity development, PIP facilitation and behaviour change;
- Coordinate technical back stoppers for capacity building strategy;
- Account and report to project manager on capacity development activities;
- Line manage the advocacy/ knowledge management expert and the performance, monitoring and evaluation (PME) expert;
- Coordinate and take responsibility of local partners and any other personnel supporting the result area.
- A Master’s degree in Social Science, Community Development, Development, Organizational strengthening or relevant field;
- At least 10 years’ experience in capacity development, behaviour change, Knowledge management;
- Proven ability to assess capacity building interventions and recommend appropriate activities to develop skills and promote organisational learning and behaviour change;
- Proven track record in networking and dialogue facilitation with private and public sector actors;
- Experience in development and implementation of framework(s) for monitoring and evaluation of inclusive value chains;
- Demonstrated experience in capacity development;
- Sound experience in knowledge management;
- Able to strategically inspire and energise multi- partner project teams;
- Demonstrated experience in managing various stakeholders;
- Strong strategic decision-making and communication skills including reporting and presentation skills;
- Fluency in both written and spoken French and English is required.