Care and Support Officer
PATH, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific duties include:
- Strengthen the capacities of care providers and community agents of Katanga by giving technical support to activities related to care and support to PLHIV in clinical and community area.
- Provide support to health care workers to correctly complete files care and support data collections tools;
Coordinate between local communities and supports structures of PLHIV according to the project by following tasks below :
- Monitoring community-level care and support activities for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV), including overseeing implementation of monthly group meetings of PLHIV self-help groups;
- Strengthening links between health facilities and community-level entities to ensure provision of psychosocial support to PLHIV through self-help groups and home visits;
- Coordinate monthly meetings with facilitators of self-help groups to provide a forum for them to share successes and discuss challenges.
- Support development of strategies to improve referrals/counter-referrals of PLHIV between health facilities and community-based support groups;
- Identify challenges and issues that can affect timely implementation of planned care and support activities to the National Care and Support Specialist, and propose corrective actions;
- Coordinate with the project’s monitoring and evaluation team to ensure collection of care and support data and uploading of care and support data to required databases;
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual project activity reports as required by supervisors and help our operating partners of the project to submit their various reports in time ;
- collaborate with other partners involved in control activities against HIV/AIDS (national programs and other partners)
- Participate actively to office meetings and to those organized for the project or any other control activities against HIV/AIDS
- Contributing to new business development efforts, as requested.
- Advanced degree in medicine or public health or related field.
- Must possess strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to maintain accurate records and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work with and foster relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multi-site, team-based structure
- Proficient in working with computer software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in French required; English proficiency preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience with measurement and evaluation of projects preferred in HIV Experience supporting data collection and monitoring and evaluation for health projects, particularly PEPFAR projects, is preferred