General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Ensure the efficient and proper receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide range of goods including food, non-food items, water, hygiene and sanitation items and other items in line with GOAL policies and procedures. Ensure productivity targets and workplace health and safety and security requirements are adhered.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Receive all supplies in Azaz (or if required other GOAL warehouse), which have been dispatched from Turkey or other sources by GOAL Syria program based in Antakya
- Carry out all physical counts and checks of the supplies received
- Issue Goods-In-Dockets, sign Delivery Dockets for all the received supplies after having completed the physical counts of same
- Record all received stocks in Stocks Cards, warehouse registers according to stock codes and programs
- Ensure correct and adequate storing, piling and stacking the received supplies according to the rule of “first in, first out” and in accordance with rules and procedures established by Logistics Coordinator for allowable weight and volume piling.
- Receive on daily and weekly basis Internal Requisition Forms for stock items withdrawal, ensure that IRF’s are dully approved to comply with authority over stocks withdrawal by relevant program managers
- Prepare all dispatch and stock release paperwork for outgoing stock items, as per IRF, ideally the day before the actual dispatch
- Load transport units with requested stocks items the day before
- Maintain stock cards and other warehouse registers with all incoming and outgoing supplies, as per stock code and programs, the stock items belong to.
- Carry out weekly stock counts as per GOAL standard paperwork and procedures
- Assist in the preparation weekly stock balance reports and weekly stocks movement plan as required.
- Maintain records of all labour used for loading, offloading and carry out payments on agreed frequency as approved by the Logistics Officer.
- If required, accompany GOAL loaded trucks with supplies from warehouse to final distribution points and handover same to distribution teams after having verified and signed all delivery paperwork and provided the physical count of supplies
- Do the quality control before goods receiving depending on GOAL procedures.
- Contribute to Weekly Logistics Reports;
- Any other duties as directed by the Logistics officer, Deputy Head of Systems or SD in the management and coordination of the Logistics Department in Azaz.
- At least 1 years of similar warehousing experience or logistics
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills and capacity to build relationships with suppliers based on honesty and integrity;
- Good mannered, respectful, reliable and trustworthy character.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a rapidly changing work environment;
- Willingness to learn and to take on extra duties as required;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Ability to write, speak basic English, at least vocabulary related to warehouse
- General terms and conditions.
- Good skills in Microsoft office
- Ability to manage and priorities a varied workload in a in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills At least 1 year of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in INGOs or LNGOs.
- Ability to analyses and solve problems Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics. (e.g. ICT. mechanics. construction. electricity. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. or other).
- Speaking Turkish or English is an advantage.