Case Management Data Officer
IOM, Cairo, Egypt
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Through its presence in North Africa, the IOM Regional Office for the Middle East and North
Africa provides technical support, advisory and oversight to IOM offices and partners across the
region on issues related to migration management, and the protection and assistance to
migrants and displaced populations.
In the context of IOM’s Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA) information management
strategy, IOM’s global information management systems are being upgraded and expanded to
ensure that all individuals assisted have their cases systematically stored and managed through
a centralized, standardized system which allows unique cases to be tracked across different
countries and access points. The upgrade will improve operational efficiency and the data
produced will be used to develop the evidence base on migration and vulnerability and provide
Page 1 / 5
valuable insight into IOM’s programming.
- The systems expansion will include the development of a low-connectivity, mobile application to
- reach challenging operational contexts, including Migration Resource and Response
- Mechanisms (MRRM), detention facilities, border points, and other difficult field locations. The
- expanded systems will also include processes to improve the assistance workflow and
- monitoring of the return and reintegration experiences and outcomes of returnees, as well as the
- assistance provided to all migrants in vulnerable situations assisted by IOM. In addition,
- COVID-19 created new challenges in outreach and information provision, registration and
- assistance to migrants hence further expansion is envisaged with digitalizing these processes
- and making remote case management work possible for both IOM staff and State/non-state
- In addition to this, IOM is working to improve migration management and build the knowledge
- base on migration flows to inform evidence-based advocacy and policy and research. IOM’s
- Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is a unique tool that allows IOM to collect data on
- migration flows. In the context of COVID-19 this tool is being used to track and monitor the
- impact COVID-19 is having on mobility across the Middle East and North Africa.
- Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Thematic Specialist for MPA, and the direct
- supervision of the Regional Programme Coordinators, and in close coordination with the Policy,
- Data and Research unit, and in close collaboration with the Regional IT Officer at RO Cairo, and
- the MPA Information Management Officer at IOM Headquarters (HQ), the successful candidate
- will support the roll-out, and compliance of IOM’s global case management system Migrant
- Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA), as well as new self-registration,
- referral, and remote case management modules across IOM’s offices in the Middle East and
- North Africa, assist in the strengthening of geoportals to showcase IOM’s MPA work
- complementary to DTM work, and support the establishment of data collection systems on
- monitoring and evaluation. Focus will be given to the collection and analysis of case
- management data related to Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) and migrant
- protection case management including Counter-Trafficking (CT) data.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide remote and on-site support to country offices (CO) in the Middle East and North
- Africa to facilitate the smooth transition to IOM’s case management systems (MiMOSA) for all
- migrant protection and assistance activities.
- Support the roll-out of an online referral and remote case management system, to allow
- self-registration by migrants, and digitally referring cases to and from IOM, and contribute to the
- development of standard operating procedures for IOM and its partners.
- Contribute to the development of information and knowledge products on migrant assistance
- and protection based on internal and external needs and requirements. Assist colleagues
- working on research publications by providing inputs, technical guidance and required
- Train and provide technical guidance and support to IOM field missions in MPA information
- management (reporting) to help build the capacity of CO staff in MiMOSA reporting. Monitor
- MiMOSA use and provide timely preliminary analysis.
- Develop ad hoc mobility data collection reports for the regional office considering other
- sources of data that may support a broad overview (DTM, MPA, external) and liaise with the
- Geographic Information System (GIS) team for support.
- Participate and liaise with HQ and COs in the review of the functionality and upgrades for
- IOM’s case management systems (MiMOSA) and provide content for the development of
- Page 2 / 5
- functional requirements, based on users’ feedback and programmatic needs.
- Contribute inputs for the development and updating of standard operating procedures,
- policies, capacity-building material, and user guidance to assist in strengthening MPA activities
- and MiMOSA usage for the MENA region. Check the application of IOM’s Data Protection
- Principles, Data Governance Policy, and other relevant ethical and operational guidelines, and
- bring non-compliance issues to the attention of the supervisor.
- Assist in designing structured MiMOSA data reports relating to voluntary return, reintegration,
- vulnerabilities and monitoring at country and regional levels and DTM reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Law, Political or Social Sciences, Computer Science,
- Information Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two
- years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in understanding and documenting business process and user needs for the
- development of applications/databases/Management Information Systems (MIS)/user
- Experience in designing and delivering training, as well as developing user guidance and
- standard operating procedures;
- Experience working with SSRS and/or Power BI an advantage;
- Experience with IOM enterprise systems, including MiMOSA, and other tools is an advantage;
- Experience working on return and reintegration, protection and assistance of vulnerable
- migrants, or related programming;
- Experience in managing and coordinating project/programme delivery, preferably with activities
- in multiple countries.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of computerized information systems/databases.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.