The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018 and 2019 DRC implemented aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
DRC is currently looking for some qualified Livelihoods Officers for Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. This position entails supports and overall implementation of DRC’s livelihoods activities in refugee camps and host community settings on the Bangladesh /Myanmar border. This includes exploring, identifying and implementing innovative livelihoods activities with local stakeholders at field level.
The primary objective of the position will be, under the direct supervision of the Livelihoods Manager, to implement the routine and daily administration of the emergency livelihoods project, to ensure the timely and effective delivery of DRC’s livelihoods activities including the supervision of the beneficiary selection, distribution and monitoring in the assigned locations and ensuring activities complying with technical standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Assist in implementation of the project;
- Conduct the implementation and monitoring of all activities, at field level, as laid out in the plan of action;
- Regularly monitor the livelihoods activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Livelihoods Manager;
- Organize and support running of livelihoods activities in the assigned locations;
- Assist livelihoods manager in the preparation of all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of livelihoods project;
- Assist, and where necessary lead, to exercise/conduct community focus participatory approaches using appropriate participatory tools for beneficiaries’ targeting;
- Support beneficiary’s identification and selection processes with the team;
- Facilitate skill development (vocational and life skill) Cash for Work (CFW) and income generation related training for stakeholders;
- Facilitation of (or assist in the facilitation of) trainings for organization staff and volunteers and beneficiaries when needed;
- Daily update and management of data-gathering and tracking tools used to monitor the project;
- Implement the distribution of vouchers to the beneficiaries, and with the Project Manager design and administer the monitoring of voucher distribution;
- Active participation to field assessments (logistic organization, identification of needs, monitoring);
- Support in resolving any emerging problems and issues on field;
- Implement, supervise, monitor and capacity build the Cash and Vouchers team in partnership with the line manager;
- Make field arrangements for planned visits to project locations;
- Set up (or assist to set up) a clear beneficiary follow -up mechanisms and ensures that appropriate follow-ups are a Follows-up are made to support beneficiary;
- Compile and submit regular project updates;
- Strong adherence to safety and security protocols at all times, and along with COC– dedication to reporting suspected contraventions;
- Ensure DRC Code of Conduct is understood, acknowledged in writing, and followed by the project staff and all volunteer labor, and infractions are reported in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Coordinate activities with relevant stakeholders at field level;
- Any other tasks as may be required from programmatic support directed by the line manager or designate.
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with an NGO/INGO in an emergency response setting;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in implementing and monitoring Livelihoods project in emergency set-up;
- Strong experience in community engagement including participatory approach of data gathering (PRA, RRA) and facilitating participatory tools for identifying targeted is an advantage;
- Sound knowledge on Training of Trainers and training sessions conduction/ supervisions on skill development- vocational and life skill, Cash For Work (CFW) and Income Generating Activities (IGA);
- Experience of implementing income generating activities, vocational and skill building interventions;
- Experience in communication with community an advantage;
- Experience in cash-voucher programming an advantage;
- Experience working on projects funded by DANIDA, ECHO an advantage;
- Commitment to DRC’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and ensuring vulnerable people’s needs are met;
- Problem-solver and results-oriented;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Excel;
- Must be willing to work during Friday’s and Holidays if requested.
University education in Social Sciences, Development studies, Economics, Food Security and/ or any other relevant educational and/ or professional backgrounds in either rural/ agricultural and / or urban (e.g. income generating activities, small enterprises, vocational training) livelihoods field is preferred.
- English (required)
- Bengali (required)
- Chittagonian (preferable)