About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will supervise and manage the team implementing the e-voucher/paper voucher or paper-voucher project and will be responsible for its overall success.
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will design a beneficiary targeting approach and supervise the targeting activities, based on vulnerability criteria
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will supervise selection of participating vendors
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will play a key role in training of participants on the e-voucher/paper voucher / paper voucher system
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will supervise e-voucher/paper voucher s/paper voucher /paper voucher transactions and will ensure all beneficiaries can access chosen goods without encountering any issue
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will work with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to monitor indicators of the project and document successes and challenges encountered
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will represent RI in cash-related coordination meetings and in external donor meetings
- The Cash Programme Coordinator will work with the remote support of the Global Cash Program Advisor
- Liaise with finance and operations department to ensure segregation of duties is maintained for the e-voucher/paper voucher system
- Coordinate the e-voucher/paper voucher system training with the technology provider and ensure all relevant team members are present, he/she will play a key role during the training
- Design a beneficiary targeting approach and supervise the targeting activities, based on vulnerability criteria
- Supervise selection of participating vendors and ensure they are properly trained and sensitized
- Supervise e-voucher/paper voucher transactions and will ensure all beneficiaries can access chosen goods without encountering any issue
- Work closely with finance to ensure vendors are reimbursed timely
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to monitor indicators of the project and document successes and challenges encountered
- Directly manage two officers and will be responsible for their workplan and quality of work
- Responsible for data management and reporting: ensure reports are written and submitted timely to the donor and provide updates to RI’s Grants Coordinator regularly
Capacity-building and Quality Programming
- Carry out training and build the capacity of RI staff and partners in all aspects of cash-based and/or market-based programming, including for implementation, adaptation, monitoring and evaluation of market-based and cash-based programming.
- Ensure consistence and coherence in use of implementation and monitoring tools in collaboration with the Global Cash advisor
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the team to ensure an integrated approach to meet the other basic needs of the affected population
- Actively engage in and represent RI in the Field Cash Working Groups
- Meet with donors with ER Director to provide regular updates on ongoing programming
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to work hard and achieve results in a demanding, fast paced and often insecure environment.
- At least 5 years of solid experience and a track record of success in designing, implementing, managing and monitoring cash-based programming in different emergency settings, ideally in one or more of the following sectors: EFSL, WASH, Health, Education, Shelter
- Minimum 2 years aid-related international NGO experience in Bangladesh
- Experience in leading, participating in or using market assessments and analysis (EMMA, PCMA or RAM)
- Post-graduate degree in economics, development studies or any other relevant field of study
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success in team management
- Experience of capacity building
- Experience of working within budget constraints
- Highly developed writing skills at programmatic level (assessment reports, proposals, guidance notes)
- Demonstrated knowledge of grantee regulations and implementation experience of ECHO-funded projects
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task and provide a consistently high-quality output / deliverables
- Flexible, positive and pro-active attitude essential
- Strong English language written and communication skills required.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Relief International. In particular, a good understanding of the humanitarian mandate and principles.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation