Change and Communications Manager – Shared Services
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- This position reports into the Project Director. The Change and Communication manager will work closely with the Project Director, Project sponsor, Steering committee and regional and national leaders in the regional and national offices to ensure the required business change is achieved in a straightforward and non-disruptive manner.
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the people side change caused by projects and change efforts. Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change. Deliver, monitor and manage all communication events and ensure alignment of all key messages with the change strategy.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Conduct readiness/impact assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to understand manner.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan. Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders. Be an active and visible coach to executive’s leaders who are change sponsors. Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions. Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Work with project teams to integrate change management and communication activities into the overall project plan. Work with communication, training, Human Resources (HR) and Organisational Development (OD) specialists in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum degree qualification in business related discipline with specialisation in Organizational Change Management
- Expertise level (level 3) Change Manager.
- At least 5 years in Programme Change Management with similar Shared Services Projects or experience with large-scale organizational change effort.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Proven track records in understanding the big picture, think strategically and take practical actions; linking change and communication strategies and plans to business results.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Behavioural management experience dealing with resistance and job/people impacts.
- Understanding of the cultural dynamics of Asian countries and of World Vision.
- Coaching experiences to build engagement and support for change across wide range of countries.
- Able to do the hands on detailed planning
- Experience with organizational development activities such as organization design and job roles mapping.
- Good business process re-engineering knowledge.
- Recognised Change Management Certification preferred.
- Experience in developing effective training strategies and plans.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.