Monte Credit is a mission-driven microfinance network working with caregivers in hard to reach, impoverished locations so they can create secure futures for their children. Inspired by Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the most vulnerable families and communities regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender, to create lasting change in their lives.
Monte Credit is a subsidiary of VisionFund International (VFI) which is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network, operating in 28 countries across 4 regions of the globe. For over 15 years VisionFund has been serving low income clients living in vulnerable and rural communities by offering financial and livelihood solutions; empowering families to create income and jobs; and unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive. Benefits include sustainable livelihoods, increased economic well-being, improved community well-being, decreased dependence on outside aid and restoration of hope and dignity. Sharing the same vision as World Vision, we desire ‘life in all its fullness’ for children.
For more information
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Monte Credit seeks a Finance Manager (CFO) to be a key member of the senior leadership team. In this role you will be the overall leader for the budgeting and planning process, responsible for the sound financial management of the company and involved in representing the company to the Board of Directors, microfinance industry executives, regulators, creditors, etc.
- Responsible for the work of the Finance department (which includes the Accounting Services division) and the organization of business processes within the department.
- Has overall responsibility for the accounting functions and liquidity management of the company and ensures compliance with regulations and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of financial manuals.
- Advises the CEO and colleagues on the senior leadership team on the financial implications of various strategic choices and develops financial projections.
- Responsible for the implementation and approval of the Company's financial statements and reports.
- Continuously monitors the financial performance of the Company and reports on financial indicators to the Board.
- A regular member of the Assets and Liabilities Management Committee (ALCO).
- Responsible for communicating with creditors - finding potential partners, negotiating and cooperating with them.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Level VII degree in economics, banking, business administration or finance.
- Work experience of at least 10 years, of which 5 years in management positions.
- Work experience of at least 5 years in accounting and financial management.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office, in particular excellent spreadsheet skills (in addition, Microfin experience is preferred).
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Familiar with SUN systems.
- Strong understanding and deep insight into treasury management.
- Ability to implement new systems and inspire and empower employees to adapt to changes.
- This role oversees a small, highly-skilled finance team in the headquarters in Podgorica.
- The role is office-based at the headquarters in Podgorica and involves occasional travel within Montenegro or outside of Montenegro (for example, for board meetings, training, conferences or team building).