PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to lead the Finance function of the company and this role is on the Senior Management Team.
Provides Leadership on Financial Issues:
- Advisor to the CEO and Senior Management on all matters relating to finance including treasury and financial reporting as well as on the financial implications of strategic choices.
- Submit timely financial performance reports to the BoD, senior management, regulators, VFI, and other stakeholders and presentations to the BoD.
- Member of senior management team.
Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis:
- Prepare long range financial forecasts by working collaboratively with other management team members.
- Lead the planning and preparation of the annual budget and business plan, midyear reviews and other budget revisions as required.
- Ensure all finance policies are reviewed and updated.
- Ensure that organization maintains adequate and accurate records including financial statements and in timely manner in conformity with local regulation such as Accounting Standards.
- Introduces measures to enhance the credibility and objectivity of financial statements and reports prepared for internal and external parties.
- Continuous monitoring of the financial performance of the organization with emphasis in analyzing performance against operational plans and work closely with management in taking timely action to ensure that budgets and financial plans stay within approved limits.
- Liaise with external auditors to prepare audited financial statements.
- Measure and project the institution’s funding requirements; analyze organization’s cash flow needs and ensure adequate funds to support operations.
- Ensure compliance to regulations on liquidity, foreign exchange, capital adequacy, and provisioning; as well as to reporting requirements set by local regulatory agencies and VFI.
- Identify potential lenders and take initiative in exploring new borrowing opportunities; develop relationships with key lenders (communication, reporting, compliance, etc.); Negotiate contract, terms and conditions of loan agreements.
- Ensure proper controls and system are in place for treasury management.
- Develop contingency plans for the organization to withstand liquidity crises, and updates the contingency plans, as the need arises.
- Recommend to the ALCO and Board of Directors policies or changes on policies on liquidity and fund management, and ensure timeliness, applicability, and practicality of related policies.
- Performs functions specified by the BoD and/or ALCO in relation to establishing broad guidelines for the institution’s tolerance for risk, and expectations from investment.
Risk & Compliance:
- Ensure that the liquidity, interest rate, funding and foreign exchange risk are in control and minimized.
- Ensure efficient and proper risk management framework and practices are in place, incorporating appropriate risk appetite and parameters in line with the institution’s tolerance for risk and expectations from investment, or as may be specified by the BoD and/or ALCO.
Ensure compliance with relevant regulations:
- Ensures compliance to regulations on liquidity, capital adequacy, and provisioning; as well as to reporting requirements set by local regulatory agencies and VFI.
- Attends to inquiries, on-site or off-site, from the regulators, and external auditors, and provides due assistance to the regulators and external auditors during inspection.
- Establishes, reviews and updates financial policies and procedures for AIF.
Financial Systems Management:
Drive innovation and efficiency in the Financial department through commissioning or directly project managing financial system improvements.
Cpacity Builading and Staff Supervision:
- Design and revise job descriptions, training curriculum, and training materials for finance division employees.
- Ensure that accounting/finance training and orientation for newcomers in Finance Division are well designed and properly implemented.
- Ensure the high potential talents/successors for each departments under Finance Division identified and their individual development plan developed and implemented.
- Strengthen capacity of staff under supervision through continuous on-the-job training and coaching.
- Undertake performance appraisals and staff development plans for all subordinated employees.
- Provide leadership, management and day-to-day behavior and attitudes, which exemplify and encourage others to follow VisionFund’s mission, core values and identity.
- Supervises the Chief Accountant and Financial Controller and provides technical oversight to the department, ensuring that AIF maintains adequate and accurate records including balance sheet and periodic statements of income and expense.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO from time to time.
- Reports directly to the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Level VII university degree in economics or similar.
- Professional Accountancy qualification (CPA/ACCA/Serbian equivalent) with knowledge of Accounting Standards, and other local relevant regulative and normative standards.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills in Serbian and English, including making presentations and report-writing.
- Must understand and agree with VisionFund’s vision, mission, goals, and core values.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experiences in accounting, financial management, treasury management, and business planning.
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior leadership position with proven leadership and management skills.
- Possess honesty, initiative, flexibility, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Good inter-personal skills including proven ability to motivate and manage a team to achieve high performance.
- Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness.
- Collaborative and service-oriented.
- Be committed to developing others and have skills in mentoring and coaching.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- MBA in Finance.
- Experience in risk management.
- Experience working with banks, financial institutions or auditing firms.
- Experience with SUN and Microfin.
- Being a spiritual leader or experience of working in a faith-based organization;
- Experience of writing reports and making presentations to Board of Directors.
Work Environment: Full time role. Office environment: office based in Belgrade, with field visits (10% field and 90% office).
Travel: This role involves up to 10% international travel.