The IDBG CIO provides leadership and support to the IT Manager of IDB Invest who has a functional reporting line to the IDBG’s CIO. The IDB ITE Department provides to IDB Invest, all the IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity services; strategic, architectural, PMO and policy guidance; and operational support for all the shared solutions with an aim to maximize alignments and best practices sharing.
What you’ll do:
Establish an over-arching framework for the efficient and effective delivery of information, communication networks, and technology services within the context of the IDBG’s diverse business lines and geographic locations. Specific position responsibilities include:
- Leading and overseeing the development and implementation of the IDBG’s Digital Transformation Strategy to provide a common vision for the modernization, transformation, and innovation of the IDB Group. It will establish a framework for improved governance, strong leadership, and optimal use of IT resources to support effective decision making.
- Providing leadership in the effective application of IT to support the mission of the IDBG
- Lead the development of the IDBG Data Strategy and the establishment of the Data Management across the IDB Group including Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Operations, Data Quality, and compliance with the IDB Group’s Data Privacy Policies, to increase the user of leading-edge technology, and increasing the ability to collaborate and share data across the organization, adhering to the IDBG data privacy rules and increase external access o IDBG information in line with agreed standards.
- Managing IT operational services and investment responsibilities within constraints of stability, cost management and quality of service, while delivering high-quality, value for money IT services.
- Developing, in collaboration with the Human Resources Department, a high-performance, professional, engaged, and innovative IT professional workforce.
- Working collaboratively with the Vice President for Finance & Administration and Management Team to effectively bring to bear the capabilities of VPF, Human Resources, Procurement, Budget, project administration and support functions, identifying organizational synergies where possible and delivering seamless customer service both at Headquarters and in the Country Offices.
- Collaborating with IDB Lab to try, test and promote technological innovations to benefit the IDBG’s operations and the development of the Latin American and Caribbean Region.
- Collaborating with IDB Invest and IDB Lab to maximize best practices sharing and data and information management and protection.
- Overseeing the following IT functional areas: IT Operations Division (ITO), IT Policy and Planning Division (IPP), IT Business Partner Groups (for VPF (IPF), VPS (IPS), VPC (IPC), and Strategic Core (IPX), Tech Lab and CIO Office.
What you’ll need:
Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Education: You hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent education, such as 5 year Licenciatura) in management, information management, information science/systems, or other relevant field..
Experience: You have at least 15+ years of relevant experience, with 10 years at the senior leadership level. Experience in management positions in both public and private sectors overseeing complex and diverse IT operations would be highly valued.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing digital strategies, and in formulating, allocating, and evaluating major policy, programs, and technology projects. Validated leadership to understand and prioritize the feedback and ideas from groups of key partners r to successfully achieve goals and objectives.
- Prior experience acting in a role equivalent to that of CIO in the private and/or public sector with a track record of being able to work effectively with senior management in order to develop and implement enterprise architectures and digital strategies that tie information technology to the objectives and goals of an organization.
- Good understanding of the field of information and digital technology and its potential impact on organizations, their reporting structure, and their business processes and/or operations.
- Experience in the application of enterprise information security solutions to improve both business processes and service delivery.
- Excellent planning, analysis, organization, negotiation, and written and oral communication skills, with the ability to understand the implications of evolving business requirements for IT, to explain complex IT and digital concepts clearly and effectively, and to formulate and communicate the business value of IT investments, expenditures, and related resources.
- An excellent team manager who fosters a cooperative work environment. Outstanding interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of staff and key partners across the institution, including Management, the Board of Executive Directors, and with various IT-related committees.
- Solid organizational change experience in complex and decentralized environments; and demonstrated capacity to influence and drive decision-making processes.
- Proven managerial skills with track record of building high performing teams with strong client services orientation (preferably in a matrix structure). Experience motivating individuals, developing employees, assigning authority and accountabilities, integrating efforts across units and functions, monitoring results, and addressing issues in an effective and appropriate manner.
Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish; working knowledge of Portuguese or French is a plus.