Monte Credit is a mission-driven microfinance network working with caregivers in hard to reach, impoverished locations so they can create secure futures for their children. Inspired by Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the most vulnerable families and communities regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender, to create lasting change in their lives.
Monte Credit is a subsidiary of VisionFund International (VFI) which is the world’s largest Christian microfinance network, operating in 28 countries across 4 regions of the globe. For over 15 years VisionFund has been serving low income clients living in vulnerable and rural communities by offering financial and livelihood solutions; empowering families to create income and jobs; and unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive. Benefits include sustainable livelihoods, increased economic well-being, improved community well-being, decreased dependence on outside aid and restoration of hope and dignity. Sharing the same vision as World Vision, we desire ‘life in all its fullness’ for children.
For more information
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Monte Credit seeks an Operations Manager (COO) to be a key member of the senior leadership team. In this role you will lead:
- the sound growth, monitoring and reporting of operations and the network of branches.
- the efficiency and effectiveness of branch operations.
- the quality of the loan portfolio.
- the overall quality of the institution’s products, services and systems.
- the development of products, services and social impact.
- Responsible for creating an operations strategy with a modern operating model and a healthy business ecosystem to create value chains for our clients, their customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for improving customer satisfaction and implementing new products.
- Responsible for the Company’s relationships with strategic partners, local institutions and clients.
- Responsible for finding, negotiating and establishing new sales channels and platforms, and contributes to marketing strategy.
- Responsible for achieving the social goals of the Company.
- Responsible for the budget of the operations department.
- Leads the team to achieve effective selection, development and management of employees in the operations department.
- Continuously monitors the external environment, performs necessary analysis and proactively makes proposals to the CEO and Board of Directors for improving the Company's strategic position.
- Proactively informs the CEO and the Board of Directors of the Company about potential opportunities for business improvement in line with contemporary microfinance trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Level VII degree in economics, banking, business administration, finance or social sciences.
- Work experience of at least 10 years, of which at least 5 years in managerial positions.
- Work experience in microfinance institutions or in retail banking of at least 5 years.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office software.
- High level of analytics, market knowledge and strategic orientation.
- High level of communication, leadership and marketing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of economics and finance.
- Demonstrated skills in training, facilitation, mentoring and coaching.
- Problem-solving skills and commitment to social impact.
- Ability to inspire and empower employees to learn how to adapt to changes.
- This role oversees a talented team of regional managers located across a network of branches.
- The role is office-based at the headquarters in Podgorica and involves travel within Montenegro which can be up to 50% of the time depending upon business needs.
- There will be occasional international travel to meetings/training/conferences.