MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
The chief of party (COP) must work closely with USAID/Mali to ensure that tasks are completed and the project's objectives are successfully met. S/He will have an advanced degree in relevant subject areas, preferably in international development and/or development management with an emphasis on monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- At least 10 years of experience working in project management in developing countries, preferably including experience in post-conflict and in West Africa.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
- Demonstrated ability:
- to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team;
- to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and
- to design and implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context.
- Excellent analytical skills and fluency in French and English.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Mali and MSI headquarters (HQ).
- Manage the local project staff to ensure they meet or exceed USAID and MSI standards.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all design, data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
- Conduct organizational planning, budget and financial planning, staff planning and recruitment, development of strategic action plans.
- Ensure safety protocols are established, respected, and updated as necessary.
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations, assessments and performance monitoring assignments throughout the life of the contract, including serving as team leader for evaluations, assessments and monitoring assignments on occasion.
- Ensure the short?term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical monitoring, evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Ensure all deliverables and reports are of high caliber and submitted on time to MSI HQ and/or USAID.
- Other tasks supporting project goals and objectives as directed by MSI HQ.