Chief of Party
FHI 360, Haiti
Closing Date for Applications:
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide strategic, managerial, technical leadership and management oversight to the project. S/he will oversee all aspects of project implementation, including program quality, personnel and financial management. S/he will maintain close coordination with USAID and other stakeholders, ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. S/he will be responsible for timely and adequate implementation of project activities, deliverables and execution, monitoring and reporting of the project. The COP will serve as the principal liaison to USAID/Ethiopia and will have regular communication with the USAID/Ethiopia Agreement Officer’s Representative. The COP is responsible for ensuring compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations. The COP will be responsible for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring quality of program implementation. The position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Leads the project team, technical and operational aspects of the project, including planning and implementation; ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encourages effective teamwork;
- Provides overall project leadership, management, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Liaises with USAID/Ethiopia, local government institutions, civil society organizations, private sector companies and investors, and other partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
- Liaises with USG partners and other donors and implementing agencies to ensure coordination of and synergy with other USAID/Ethiopia health related activities;
- Builds strong strategic partnerships with a wide group of stakeholders required to achieve project goals, including local civil society and the private sector
- Oversees report preparation to meet USAID and corporate reporting requirements to document program performance and monitor overall award compliance;
- Leads preparation of project deliverables, including annual work-plans and project activity updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials in accordance with USAID deadlines;
- Provides overall financial oversight of the budget over the life of the project;
- Collaborates with and directly act upon inputs from the compliance director to ensure continuous compliance of all consortium members with agreement/contract rules and regulations;
- Oversees a team of senior technical, operations, compliance and finance staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained among the team members;
- Supervises key staff, including ensuring field staff regularly prepare and accurately update performance data;
- Represents the project at regional, national and international fora, including technical and investment conferences, policy briefings, networking events, etc.;
- Organizes project teams and oversee production of SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies; and
- Provides guidance and mentoring to managers and staff to achieve project goals and develop national leadership capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree required; (however, a Master’s Degree strongly preferred) or its international equivalent public health or a related area.
- At least 12+ years of professional experience in public health, particularly leading and designing health programs; experience in working with key stakeholders in Ethiopia strongly desired.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in project management and leadership, including experience in managing USAID projects and staff. Technical experience at a senior level in community engagement, capacity strengthening, and social and behavior change required.
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly with Ministries of Health is highly desirable, to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Experience with working across multiple sector to achieve public health outcomes.
- Experience with incorporating gender and vulnerable population needs into programming.
- Proven experience with USAID regulations in financial and accounting management per USAID guidelines, ensure that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in a local language will be an advantage.