Creative is pursuing a five-year Pakistan Youth Development Project (PYDP) in Pakistan. The purpose of PYDP to prepare youth for workforce participation (employment or entrepreneurship) by focusing education assistance on skills acquisition and civic engagement, and supporting youth as they emerge from training programs to identify employment opportunities or pursue entrepreneurial ventures to improve livelihoods, reduce the prospect of economic marginalization, serve as role models for other youth, and contribute to Pakistan’s economic growth.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for overall project implementation, results, quality and timeliness of deliverables, management, and external representation. S/he provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project and serves as the primary liaison with USAID/Pakistan on management and technical matters. S/he will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the activity and reports directly to the designated USAID AOR. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements. The COP will provide strategic vision for the project, ensure compliance with contractual obligations, and will be responsible for coordination among USAID and key stakeholders. The COP must have experience working in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, working across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area.
Reporting & Supervision:The Chief of Party will report to a Project Director based in Washington, DC.
- Technical direction, managerial support and fiscal oversight of contractual deliverables;
- Technical leadership and management of the PYDP;
- Proactive and dynamic representation of Creative before clients, government partners and other critical audiences; and
- Supervision and nurturing of staff in the field.
- Provide overall management and leadership of technical, administrative, and operational aspects of the project;
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID on management, technical work, and contractual deliverables;
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with the government officials in Pakistan, particularly senior-level officials in the regions;
- Lead coordination with USAID, government of Pakistan, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners; and
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in education, TVET, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences, or a similar relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least ten years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this activity is required (at least five of these years must be in a high-level management/leadership position) including experience in conflict-affected environments;
- Experience in the education sector and youth in Central Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Afghanistan and/or Pakistan is highly desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in areas such as: project implementation, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, workforce development, entrepreneurship, youth civic engagement, education reform, vocational education, and national-level quality improvement;
- The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English; and
- For local applicants, the candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English, Urdu, and Sindhi.