Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated donor-funded project in Pakistan. The COP is to be based in Islamabad, Pakistan and will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations. The COP will also take the lead in coordinating with donor representatives, the Government of Pakistan, and other implementing partners.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to the Project Director at Creative headquarters.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with donor regulations;
- Develops and manages relationships with provincial and national level governance leaders.
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience working in governance programs, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Urdu, Pashto and/or Punjabi fluency preferred;
- Experience working in South Asia and/or Pakistan;
- Experience working on programs relating to governance and grants; and
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.