Chief of Party
FHI 360, Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
Summary of Position:
The Chief of Party will provide overall direction, thought leadership and management to the Project. S/he will lead the implementation of a complex program to increase the availability, and to improve the quality, of HIV prevention as well as care and support services for persons –particularly adolescents and young women – living with HIV and AIDS primarily through non-governmental organization channels. S/he will have the leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills and professional relationships to fulfill the diverse managerial and technical requirements as described in the program description.
- Provide overall vision and leadership for the successful implementation of the project;
- Responsible for managing the implementation and monitoring of program activities and ensuring achievement of project deliverables;
- Manage development of, and monitors, work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; oversees and coordinates sub-contractor deliverables in program implementation; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting;
- Act as liaison between the USAID funded project and USAID/Malawi, Government of Malawi stakeholders, donors, and all other relevant stakeholders and client country partners;
- Responsible for quarterly and annual reports, annual work plans, performance indicators, financial reports, regular results reporting as needed in addition to the overall quality control and the timeliness of all required deliverables;
- Manage project staffing levels and supervise project staff;
- Responsible for addressing agreement-related issues, including ensuring that FHI360’s financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards, and that all activity-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded and prudently and responsibly used; and
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the USAID Agreement Officer and the Agreement Officer Representative.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline; an advanced degree in a clinical or public health discipline (medicine, nursing, epidemiology) is preferred.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex HIV and/or public health programs, including supervision of technical staff, preferably in ESA.
- An additional 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in HIV prevention, family planning/reproductive health or related fields internationally, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa. Specific experience working with HIV testing and sexual and reproductive health RH service delivery preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with host government agencies, donors, civil society and community-based organizations.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and foster collaboration across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prior experience managing PEPFAR and/or USAID-funded agreements or contracts.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.