Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the USAID/Egypt Services to Improve Performance Management, Enhance Learning and Evaluation (SIMPLE) Monitoring and Support Activity (MESP) is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance Agency learning. USAID/Egypt seeks a contractor to execute a host of services to improve the efficiency of programs implemented by the Mission’s Technical Offices. These services include activity/project designs, assessments, evaluations, management information and reporting and mapping. In addition, technical assistance is to be provided to the Program Office to collect and disseminate public information and enhance the quality of data.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party who will be responsible for leading and managing the SIMPLE activity. The COP will work closely with USAID/Egypt’s Program Office, Mission technical offices, staff and management from other USAID implementing partner operated activities, and representatives of the Government of Egypt and other international donor stakeholders. S/he will provide strategic vision for managing the Components and Tasks and will oversee project activities to ensure quality work and compliance with contractual obligations and results. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation, supervising large international teams, and knowledge of USAID policy and procedures.
The COP will be a full-time employee and will be based in Cairo. USAID/Egypt estimates a five-year period of performance for the SIMPLE activity, and is anticipated to begin in August 2020.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations.
- Lead, design, and manage performance evaluations, experimental and quasi-experimental impact evaluations under this contract.
- Provide technical advice and leadership on design, methodology, and tools for each activity.
- Provide oversight and supervision of the Egypt office, long- and short-term personnel, and program staff, as well as all program activities.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field such as international development, statistics, or economics, with academic training in monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party on a similarly-sized USAID-funded contract.
- Demonstrated expertise in program or project management, successful leadership in an intercultural team environment in a development context, and the design and development of M&E systems for development projects.
- Thorough technical knowledge of monitoring, evaluation methods, and performance management, including (but not limited to) indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting, evaluation design, evaluation planning, experimental and quasi experimental evaluations design, and management/dissemination of evaluations.
- Exposure to Egypt’s development challenges and work experience in Egypt or similar countries preferred. Experience in unstable, conflict-prone or post-conflict reconstruction environments preferred.
- Arabic language skills preferred.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English.