FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Chief of Party on an anticipated USAID-funded project to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state/LGA-specific goals and objectives.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR). S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The proposed COP should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal qualities and should have extensive experience in public/international health. S/he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders. The proposed COP should have solid track record in managing the implementation of large scale programs with similar complexity. S/he should have solid technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases (malaria and TB), maternal and child health, Health Systems Strengthening, Quality Improvement/ Quality Assurance etc.
- Develop and execute overall project strategy and work plan and achievement of project results
- Direct and monitor implementation of activities within the work plan, ensuring that activities are performed to a high professional standard, effectively implemented and fulfill donor and the organization’s requirements.
- Oversee all technical assistance and administrative support activities under the program.
- Ensure that all program deliverables are met in a high quality and timely fashion.
- Ensure compliance with all donor- related, organization’s, and program-specific policies.
- Supervise and mentor all senior management staff.
- Provide managerial oversight to all project activities and partnerships, and ensure compliance with the organization’s and USG regulations.
- Oversee the sub-contract and sub- grant cycle from pre-award to close- out including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring and close-out of sub-awards based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the project’s financial management systems and ensure that they are in line with the organization’s policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations.
- Oversees project budget development and undertake regular analysis of project expenditure, sub- awards and lead the preparation of budget amendments/modification for negotiation with donor.
- Recruit, supervise, mentor, and motivate project team which includes staff from the
- organization and international and national partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with federal government and regional entities to support project implementation.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components, grants and finance and
- administrative functions within the project.
- Coordinate with other donor implementing partners on common objectives and activities, as needed.
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing complex public health programs or programs of similar scope and size
- A minimum a Master’s Degree (or higher) in Public Health or Medicine
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
- Experience with USG rules and regulations
- Experience operating in insecure environments
- Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.