Chief of Party
FHI 360, Mbabane, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall management, coordination, oversight and ensure that activities and sub-partners are coordinated and achieve intended results. This individual will be the key liaison with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners. Her/his primary responsibilities will be aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract including sustainability of interventions. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP position requires political savviness, as s/he will interact with numerous institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials. The COP will have demonstrated ability to manage large contracts, comprehensive HIV projects as well as manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Provide strategic leadership to all consortium partners for building, managing and growing the ASPIRE project in Eswatini, ensures quality and oversees all project activities.
- Oversees all functions of implementing the project, including program, technical, finance, contracts and grants, and human resources, and ensures that they are consistent with the requirements of the project.
- Serve as the project's key representative to USAID, government counterparts, and other stakeholders. Manages development of and monitors work plans and budgets.
- Actively collaborate with GKOE to enhance stewardship of ASPIRE.
- Ensures that relevant systems and institutional capacity are in place to ensure the quality and sustainability of deliverables.
- Represents and has a broad understanding of FHI 360’s research and public health programs.
- Ensures cost efficiency in running ASPIRE; liaises with technical leads to provide ongoing supervision and performance monitoring of ASPIRE.
- Ensures that program resources are utilized in accordance with applicable U.S and GKOE policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate monitoring of ASPIRE to achieve financial, administrative, logistical, and programmatic goals.
- Oversees production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to USAID as required.
- Ensures program quality according to set standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Coordinates partner efforts in program implementation.
- Requires a master’s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program;
- Demonstrated experience in HIV control projects, with some experience in Southern Africa preferred;
- Experience in managing large scale projects, strategic planning and implementation of related activities;
- Demonstrated experience in adaptive management;
- Demonstrated success in USAID or other USG contracts management is a must;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and report writing skills.