Leads and directs the development and implementation process for company projects involving departmental or cross -functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. Plans and directs project schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes project(s) activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
- Establishes work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Develops proposals and researches sources for funding projects.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals.
- Participates in the strategic development of methods and techniques with executive management.
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Determination of job level is based on combination of primary and secondary criteria (i.e. Revenue, Headcount, and number of Contracts/Sub- Awards and other factors).
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices with project management, process development and execution.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Ability to motivate, influences, and collaborates with others.
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Decisions and actions have a significant impact on management and division operations.
- Problems encountered are complex and highly varied.
- Exercises judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Sets goals and budgets for projects and leads department in achieving strategic goals.
- Leads coordination of resources for ongoing projects across business units and addresses/resolves project issues.
- Typically reports to Director, Portfolio Management or Group Director.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years with project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Experience operating in insecure environments.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.