Chief of Party
Fhi360, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is seeking Afghan Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the Afghanistan Job Creation Program (AJCP), a four-year program to generate revenue and sustainable jobs by supporting value chain development and trade promotion and facilitate Afghan businesses in increasing exports. The program was awarded to FHI 360 in April 2018.
The COP will provide strategic guidance and leadership for FHI 360's program and will assume responsibility for design, delivery, and progress against the approved workplan, and reporting against the performance monitoring plan. The COP will work with the senior management team to ensure overall planning, implementing, and managing of the project and establishing the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward achieving project goals and objectives.
The COP will regularly interface with USAID on management and decision-making while ensuring that activities are meeting USAID and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated. The COP also will be responsible for establishing strong local and international partnerships and dialogue with the appropriate donor representatives, as well as coordination with the private sector. This is a long-term, in-country staff position and Afghan female nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Provide overall technical leadership, management and general technical direction for the design and implementation of project activities
- Responsible for design, delivery, and progress against approved work plan and reporting against performance monitoring plan
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines
- Ensure an integrated project vision among staff and subcontractors
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, government counterparts, donors, local partners, and community stakeholders, and build effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program, ensuring compliance with USAID and FHI 360 rules and regulations
- Supervise the development and submission of program deliverables and provide accurate and timely reporting to USG and key stakeholders on all program areas
- Manage long-term staff and short-term advisors in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results
- Master's degree in one of the following relevant fields: public administration, public policy, international development, finance, economics, law, political science, or related social science.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in managing multi-million dollar USAID financed development activities in Afghanistan.
- Experience managing USAID projects and strong knowledge of USAID programming rules and regulations, grants programs, and monitoring and evaluation policies and procedures; prior experience as a USAID Chief of Party preferred.
- A good track record of coordinating with other NGOs and implementing partners working in economic growth activities sector is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to convene stakeholders from various disciplines and sectors (public, private, training/education, civil society) to identify and achieve common goals
- Demonstrated track record of strong donor relationships, including with USAID
- Knowledge of and understanding of economic development issues in the region
- Proven record of providing high quality management, with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively with diverse project teams
- Strategic vision, leadership, and decision-making skills
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English