Chief of Party
IBTCI , Colombia
Closing Date for Applications:
IBTCI is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), formerly OFDA/FFP, third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Bogota, Colombia for a regional project monitoring humanitarian assistance. The purpose of this contract is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in the region.
This position is contingent upon award
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership, management and general direction for the entire program, focusing on achieving the results defined in the task order.
- Oversee the completion of all deliverables required under this project as well as overall compliance with the task order.
- Provide overall management of the project team, including technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the project, including overseeing quality control and responsiveness of all work provided under the contract, whether by key personnel, field supervisors, field monitors, long- or short-term advisors or others.
- Serve concurrently as the technical director for all technical monitoring, evaluation, services.
- Lead the development of the Annual Work Plan.
- Lead quality control/quality assurance for all products/deliverables for the client.
- Lead the development and coordination of external trainings, presentations and workshops.
- Lead the development and management of an online data platform for the client.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client personnel based in the US Embassy in Colombia.
- Serve as a contributing writer for all deliverables as needed.
Contract management/compliance responsibilities
- Ensure overall contract compliance and manage contractual and compliance issues.
- Directly supervise the DCOP and Finance Manager, and indirectly supervise all IBTCI staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Manage subcontractor and consultant finances, ensuring adherence with USAID and IBTCI policies and procedures.
- Manage the technical issues for the subcontractor responsible for the online data platform.
- Ensure compliance to IBTCI global policies and establish additional standard project implementation and operations procedures and schedules as needed.
- Manage the project field office budget, financial reporting, local procurement and vendor purchase orders.
- Oversee staff and subcontractor security in Colombia and Venezuela.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive experience in the field of international development or humanitarian assistance, with at least five (5) of those years managing high-performance teams and two (2) years working in conflict zones required.
- Demonstrated experience managing third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or large-scale evaluations required.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, analytic skills and team management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster trust-based relationships with senior staff and with USAID.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish required
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Education: Master’s degree in social sciences, business