Chief of Party
Resonance, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Resonance is seeking candidates to serve as Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID DRC-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination, Contract II. The contract will provide support to the Democratic Republic of the Congo Operating Unit (DRC), the Central African Republic Operating Unit (CAR) and the Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU). The support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards our development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the missions development outcomes.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/DRC, Resonance Home Office, the DRC government, civil society organizations, and other donors to coordinate activities and achieve the goals and objectives of the activity;
- Support the planning, design, and implementation of technical activities in DRC and Central Africa, including the drafting of work plans, leading organizational activities, and participating in technical working group meetings;
- Manage project team; oversee, mentor, and provide guidance to short- and long-term staff;
- Lead financial oversight and procedures and ensure compliance with USG regulations and Resonance policy;
- Report regularly to the Resonance headquarters and USAID/DRC on project activities, deliverables, and events;
- Travel to field sites regularly for monitoring and oversight;
- Ensure timely completion and submission of quarterly and annual project reports and other project deliverables.
Required Education & Experience
- A Master's degree in international development, evaluation, economics, human and organizational systems, or other relevant areas;
- Proven technical experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably related to health, education, democracy and governance, or relevant technical area.
- Experience with successfully integrating Collaborating Learning and Adapting (CLA) approaches within USAID;
- At least fifteen (15) years of management and supervisory experience with a U.S. Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or nongovernmental organization;
- Demonstrated experience liaising with high-level private and public sector representatives;
- Proven ability to respond quickly to newly emergent tasks;
- Demonstrated experience with adaptive management;
- Demonstrated experience managing multicultural and diverse teams, with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong understanding of ADS requirements, the Program Cycle, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, the J2SR, Clear Choice, and other significant Agency initiatives required.
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in international development, evaluation, economics, human and organizational systems, or other relevant areas. COP or Deputy COP experience of similar MEL platforms;
- Professional experience in DRC or the Central Africa region;
- Familiarity with complexity-aware monitoring and change management;
- Experience engaging with local organizations and stakeholders.