Chief of Party
Save the Children, Quezon City, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- This post is mainly responsible in ensuring that RISE for Children project activities and processes The Chief of Party (CoP) is responsible for managing the overall work of the, Evolving a Self-Reliant Culture in Strategic Organizations and Capacitating Them to Mobilize Local Resources. The project is designed to strengthen the capacity of CSOs and CSO networks that can serve as Learning Resource Organizations (LROs).
- This job holder is expected to provide overall strategic direction in the design, implementation, management and overall quality assurance of the project. S/he will also provide technical assistance when needed in the areas of organizational development, project management, networking and partnerships and sustainability development.
- The job holder will be Save the Children’s primary point of contact with the USAID, consortium partners, local civil society partners, the private sector and other project stakeholders and constituents. S/he will collaborate with relevant national, regional and local government offices, where relevant.
- The job holder will oversee a team of specialists and support staff, and will have a technical line to the specialists and experts of consortium members. The job holder will work closely with all other consortium partners to ensure a consistent consortium-wide and “wholesale” approach to strategies, plans and activities for implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- The jobholder will closely coordinate with USAID’s Agreement Officer for any discussions related to the project. S/he will also lead and manage the effective operations of the Project Management Office (PMO) which will provide the backbone support for this project. Another key responsibility is in in terms of reporting as s/he will be in charge of finalizing internal progress reports and external donor reports.
- The job holder is expected to ensure that cross-cutting principles such as gender equality, disability and social inclusion are effectively integrated throughout the project, most especially the work of partners and target civil society organizations.
As overall lead of this Project, the CoP has overall responsibility for ensuring that effective project management is in place and that adaptive programming is employed as may be needed for the consortium to deliver on its commitment.
Qualifications and Experience
- With post graduate degree in a social science course, public administration and other related fields. Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a post graduate degree course
- Minimum 10 years work experience in the development or NGO setting, with at least 5 years of experience as project lead in a development context
- Substantial knowledge of local civil society governance structures and networks, strategy development, and systems development
- Good skills and experience in all aspects of program cycle management - design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in developing and implementing organizational capacity development initiatives
- Excellent training, facilitation and capacity building skills
- Proven experience in field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Proven commitment to participatory and adaptive programming approaches
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- An excellent leader and team player with good skills in team work and consultative approach to decision making
- Demonstrable experience of MEAL and Knowledge Management
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing; a high level of written and spoken English is expected
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Willing to work long hours toward the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
- Can work well in highly stressful situations; able to manage multiple competing tasks, prioritize deliverables and meet reasonable deadlines
- Commitment to the values, mission and principles of Save the Children
- Willing to travel to any part of the country as needed for the Project and maybe requested by Save the Children Philippines for its humanitarian response