Chief of Party
FHI 360, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
The Chief of Party (COP) will be a dynamic force in the increase of market-based sanitation in DRC. The COP will be the primary point of contact with USAID/DRC with regards to day‐to‐day activity implementation and management matters relating to the project. The COP will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the award is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all field staff, long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, and/or sub‐partners, as proposed.
- Ensures program quality according to USAID, FHI 360 and global standards.
- Ensures the achievement of results for which FHI 360 and partners are responsible under agreement with the donor.
- Ensures that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and USAID policies and procedures.
- Oversees production of timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to USAID and FHI.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Establishes annual work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to managers and staff to achieve project goals and develop national leadership capacity.
- Establishes, serves, and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters. Ensures coordination with other relevant sanitation activities in DRC.
- Provides leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encourages effective teamwork.
- Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Bachelors degree required, Advanced degree (post-graduate or higher) preferred in business, public health, engineering, or other relevant field.
- At least five years prior experience as Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or equivalent leadership experience on similar, international, donor-funded programs in complex countries, preferably with USAID funding.
- At least ten years of experience in related field, such as WASH, private sector engagement, financing, local governance, preferably with experience with market-based sanitation.
- Extensive experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in DRC.
- Demonstrated ability to advise host country officials at the ministerial level as well as businesses, and create and maintain effective working relationships with international and local stakeholders, businesses, NGOs, sub-contractors, and U.S. Government agencies.
- Proven ability to work effectively in challenging and potentially unsafe environments.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.