MSI anticipates an upcoming proposal for a five-year evaluation and research support services contract to support USAID/Zambia’s Health Office. The objectives are: 1) to conduct evaluations, operations research and assessments across the health portfolio (Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Health Systems Strengthening, Maternal Health, and Family Planning); and 2) build the monitoring, evaluation and research capacity of the USAID Mission, its grantees and local Zambian institutions. There will be an emphasis on health management information systems including data collection, analysis, and use.
The Chief of Party is expected to provide vision, direction, and overall leadership to the team in all technical areas for Evidence for Health. S/he shall have principal responsibility for overall project performance, staff and team management, and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed on time and of high quality, goals are met and the client is satisfied.
- Serve as team lead, overseeing all technical assistance and support to USAID and its partners over the life of the contract.
- Serve as primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day implementation and management of the contract, resolving issues as needed.
- Represent the team to USAID, key counterparts and local partners at meetings, presentations and other interactions with the client and other partners.
- Ensure that all assistance provided under the contract, whether by international or local personnel, is technically sound, appropriate, and in compliance with all USAID and Zambian laws, contracts, regulations and protocols.
- Approve and submit reports requested by USAID; hold ultimate responsibility for the quality and timeliness and of all contractual deliverables to client.
- A Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in health, social sciences, or other related discipline.
- Minimum ten years’ progressively responsible management experience with USAID-funded M&E, public health, or similar programs in developing countries; preferably five years in Sub-Saharan Africa with international programs.
- Knowledge of health sector is required; knowledge of Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and PEPFAR-funded projects is preferred. DHSI2 background strongly preferred.
- At least five years’ experience and knowledge in design, implementation and management of monitoring, evaluations and data systems including data capture, analysis, and utilization.
- Previous experience as Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Project Director or similar position with a strong reputation for developing excellent working relationships with counterparts, clients and donors.
- Demonstrated capabilities in capacity development and leadership.
- Exceptional communication, writing and interpersonal skills are required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.