Chief of Party / Programme Director
World Vision, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
- As Chief of Party / Programme Director, Nepal, you will have overall responsibility for coordination of all Nepal programme activities and staff.
- You will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the programme
- You will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities.
- You will have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in Nepal.
- You will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all products, programmes and activities generated under the grant.
- A Master’s degree in public health, international development or a related field, or a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in public health, international development, or a related field and 5-years’ experience, in addition to the 10 years outlined below.
- At least 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing health (maternal, new born, child health and/or family planning) activities of this size and scope in developing countries and preferably in Asia.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to maintain productive relationships with the various government entities in Nepal.
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in professional business English.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.