Chief of Party, USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Contract
Social Impact, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Social Impact is preparing a proposal response for the anticipated multi-million dollar, five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Contract in Uganda. The purpose of the Contract is to strengthen the performance of USAID/Uganda and its Implementing Partners (IPs) in collaborating, learning and adapting in order to improve the relevance, quality and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda’s development.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to lead and manage the project administratively and technically, providing oversight on all activities. The COP will be expected to guide, advise and manage MEL activities on the project, as well as work closely with USAID and IPs in capacity development. This position will be based in Kampala for the duration of the five-year project. The project is anticipated to begin July 2018.
- Serve as principal responsibility for management of all aspects of the contract and serve as the primary point of contract with USAID/Uganda on day-to-day implementation and management issues; supervising the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the Contract.
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services from both in-Uganda long-term staff and incoming short-term consultants.
- Ensure timely information on the progress and status of all activities, including but not limited to the timely delivery of required reports in forms agreed to with USAID/Uganda; and ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity of Contract operations.
- Conceptualize, deliver, and arrange for the delivery of high-quality evaluation, monitoring and learning interventions for USAID/Uganda, its IPs and other stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in related subject.
- Minimum seven years of experience in the design and management of MEL activities at a senior leadership level, including providing technical oversight and assistance across a portfolio of projects.
- 10 years of experience in a management position, preferably with at least three years of experience managing USG-issued contracts or otherwise demonstrated knowledge of USG Federal Acquisition Requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to build trustful relationships with USAID/Uganda senior staff and leadership, including the Mission Director’s Office.
- Considerable experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated leadership experience overseeing diverse teams of international and local staff.
- Significant experience working with USAID Missions on project designs and the program cycle.
- Experience living and working in developing country environments, preferably sub-Saharan Africa.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.