5 Ways to Work from Home More Effectively
- BY Garima Pachauri
Description of Duties
1. Lead, coordinate and supervise the implementation of the project "Enhancing National Capacity to Prevent and Reduce Child Labour in Viet Nam" in close collaboration with MOLISA (the project Management Unit and other related Departments), the social partners and other major stakeholders in Viet Nam.
2. Building on the ILO's established country positioning and Vietnam's ratification of both ILO child labour Conventions (C138 and C182), maintain and expand the ILO position as the lead agency on all child labour issues, coordinating and mobilizing support from other stakeholders in order to strengthen the country's ability to combat child labour.
3. Provide technical guidance in the development of legal documents and policies related to child labour.
4. Build capacity of MOLISA and other relevant government agencies and social partners to detect, prevent, reduce, supervise child labour and evaluate on child labour related efforts.
5. Provide technical guidance in clarifying key child labour concepts in research, in-depth evaluation and data collection on the awareness of relevant stakeholders, risks and current situation of child labour in the project site. Coordinate the development of appropriate survey questionnaires and methodologies on child labour in line with international standards in close collaboration with ILO-IPEC statistical programme (SIMPOC).
6. Conduct training seminars, workshops and meetings on all project invention areas (CL surveys, research, advocacy, awareness raising and provision of direct educational, vocational and livelihoods services to project beneficiaries and their families); develop/adapt training guides, manuals and other knowledge-sharing materials to local environment.
7. Strengthen relationship to cooperate and coordinate with the concerned governments, ministries and the employers' and workers' organizations, non-governmental organizations, the target groups and the donors, in the planning and implementation of activities under the project and engage in coalition building and public-private partnership promotion.
8. Promote ILO policies in the technical area of child labour, other fundamental rights at work, the relevant International Labour Standards and other international instruments such as the Child Rights Convention, etc. in collaboration with other technical/labour standards specialists.
9. Ensure the development of monitoring and evaluation and project information systems covering ILO technical activities covered by the project, prepare periodic and ad hoc reports on the status of programme planning and implementation, and establish coordination with concerned ILO departments and programmes.
10. Identify training needs and organize training workshops and meetings for the tripartite partners, NGOs, other agencies, target groups and staff as appropriate to reinforce the professional capabilities.
11. Organize meetings and seminars, and develop knowledge sharing tools designed to forge partnerships, share good practices and foster sub-regional networks of government policymakers, workers' and employers' organizations and civil society organizations to reach the project's goals.
12. Ensure project synergy with the different ILO projects and programmes implemented in Viet Nam and within the subregion as appropriate.
13. Liaise with the other UN agencies counterparts to promote ILO's values, increase visibility and facilitate the scaling-up of the project's interventions. Ensure a more effective coordination with a range of relevant national policies and the strategies of various ILO projects, including those being undertaken by other agencies and donors or in complementary fields of activity.
14. Effectively manage human and financial resources for the project, including recruitment, staff development, performance management of the project personnel, and financial oversight and reporting.
15. Any other relevant project-related duties requested by the ILO Country Director.
1. Advanced university degree in economics, management, social science or related field with demonstrated expertise.
1. At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in the above fields of which at least five years at the international level carrying out project management, supervision, administration and implementation of technical assistance projects. Having working experience in ASEAN countries, particularly Viet Nam, is an advantage.
1. Excellent command of English; knowledge of Vietnamese preferred.