Child participation expert
IBCR, Montreal, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the responsibility of the Operations and Programs and Expertise Coordination Department, the incumbent works in close collaboration with other members of the organization's departments, at headquarters and country teams. The incumbent must be able to carry out assignments for short periods, which can represent up to about 25% of his or her schedule.
- Development, organizational standards and innovation
- Update institutional standards dealing with children's participation in the
- technical and strategic work of the IBCR
- Participate in the development of tools for integrating and implementing guidelines on
- participation of the child in the service of programmatic development and communication
- (advocacy), as well as in terms of monitoring, evaluation and learning, in support of headquarters and
- IBCR country offices
- Support the development of projects at the content and approaches related to expertise
- Maintain a strategic watch of literature and practical experiences in the field
- expertise and propose innovative approaches to develop expertise at the
- organizational level
- Ensure the transversal integration of the participation of the child in all the deliverables and
- training tools produced by the expert team at headquarters and in the field
- Validate the quality of the deliverables produced and their compliance with institutional standards on the
- participation of the child as well as all the institutional standards and the methodology of
- the IBCR
- Guide and advise the actions with the teams at headquarters and in the field, relating to the
- participation of the child in particular with regard to the production process of
- audiovisual material involving children
- Participate in the systematization of expertise and the traceability of knowledge in matters of
- participation of the child in the organization as well as in connection with the IBCR methodology
- Contribute to the realization of training sessions at the head office and in the field in connection with the
- Institutional standards on the participation of the child , as well as to the organization of events for
- sharing and disseminating knowledge in the matter.
- Occasionally represent the Office in thematic working groups on children's participation .
- Contribute to the training of country office teams on the organization's own methodology
- Make monitoring and training visits to the field, and report on the progress of projects, issues, recommended adjustments and lessons learned, both on the participation of the child that on all the themes and components at the heart of capacity building supported by the IBCR
- Develop training modules intended for the different actors of the child protection system and ensure their compliance with the IBCR method
- Follow up on committees and / or working groups, prepare and run training courses in line with the expertise of the IBCR and its methodology
- Contribute to the preparation of reports within the framework of projects
- Participate and contribute to activities related to monitoring-evaluation-learning-accountability
- Contribute to public engagement, advocacy and fundraising efforts in Canada.
- Perform all other related tasks related to their skills and the proper functioning of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Post-graduate degree in communication, social sciences, educational science , law, project management, international development / international relations, or related field.
- Five years of significant work experience, including at least three years in the implementation of projects with major components in mobilization, involvement and participation of children
- In-depth knowledge of approaches to ethics, public mobilization and children's rights, as well as the Gender and Development (GED) approach.
- Good knowledge of the NGO community and international cooperation.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English is imperative.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office 365 suite.