Child Protection Coordinator
World Vision, Yumbe, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
Coordinate emergency response and oversee child protection interventions to ensure maximum integration of synergies as projects are implemented.
- Project management and coordination
- Provide overall leadership in managing and coordinating the implementation of emergency response and child protection activities according to the respective projects’ implementation and organization standards.
- Guide and provide technical support to staff on emergency response, CiE, basic education and other project interventions based on the organizational commitment to emergency response.
Project monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with grants’ agreements, minimum standards and tools
- Support the baseline and evaluation processes in liaison with DM&E for the different social protection projects targeting refugees and host communities
- Establishment of functional project level M&E system and utilization of the information in liaison with DM&E
- Manage humanitarian emergency response and social protection projects’ information and documentation processes, and ensure effective communication of the project results.
Networking and collaboration
- Participate in coordination meetings at national, cluster and camp and settlement levels.
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in planning and implementation of humanitarian emergency response and social protection activities.
- Develop a database of strategic networks and partnerships for advocacy within the district and at national level.
- Facilitate the integration of Advocacy and justice for children in emergency response interventions.
- Monitor and manage projects’ budgets in line with grants agreements and standards.
- Risk management by monitoring, addressing and reporting any risks to management of program funds and budgets.
- Ensure assets of the organization in the operations are safe and secure in line with projects’ grant regulations, MoUs and agreements.
- Support audit processes in line with the projects’ audit regulations.
Performance management and supervision
- Manage, supervise and build capacity of staff in project development, management and implementation especially in humanitarian emergency response, CiE and other related project activities.
- Identify staff capacity, psychosocial and other needs, and work with NO to ensure needs are met and work with P&C to promote staff welfare during the response.
- Facilitate coaching, mentoring and counseling sessions for staff within the humanitarian emergency response and social protection.
- Provide guidance to humanitarian Emergency Response staff in child protection, planning and preparation of M&E documents.
- Provide overall leadership, management and guidance to the development of project designs, concepts and fundable proposals for CiE activities
- Carry out assessments as required in the response area
- Review humanitarian emergency response projects’ documents and align them to set guidelines and standards.
Documentation and reporting
- Document at change stories in article and Video formats to share milestones and lessons learnt within NO, donors and other stakeholders on emergency response social protection interventions.
- Prepare quality reports and submit (progress against delivery of outputs and achievement of outcomes, etc) to the Area Response Coordinator, CPiE manager, National office Support Offices, and UN partner agencies as per the grant agreements and regulations.
- Collaborate with relevant organizations, agencies and actors in the refugee settlement camps and host communities to plan for transition from the onset
- Ensure compliance to the child protection policy and Education in Emergencies standards in all project interventions in accordance with the inter agency guidelines, organization policies and Global child protection minimum standards.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Work Social Administration, Development Studies, Education or related field. Postgraduate Diploma in Peace Studies and Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in relief work relating to Child Protection in Emergency.
- Self-motivated with excellent management and leadership skills.
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Track record of success in grant fundraising, including donor relations and proposal writing
- Must be ready to work in a multi-cultural environment and have the ability to maintain performance expectations in the diverse cultural context, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Possess the ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Must be emotionally mature.