Child Protection Officer
Save the Children, Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
The Child Protection Officer will be based in Beirut and will follow-up the implementation of a Child Protection programming through direct implementation and implementation through partners. The Child Protection programme includes the establishment and expansion of psycho social programming with children and youth and capacity building and support for caregivers. The Child protection Officer should ensure that all aspects of work are undertaken in accordance with Save the Children’s Policies.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Child Protection Animators
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme and Team Management
- Plan, prepare and oversee the implementation of the Child Protection Programme in Beirut/Mount Lebanon/South Lebanon.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of a quality programme with the support of CP Coordinator.
- Supervise and support the CP Animators in the daily tasks.
- In coordination with the CP animators, monitor the day-to-day running of Save the Children’s centers / safe spaces to ensure the quality delivery of the activities.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems are in place, support staff in all monitoring processes and provide monthly and weekly reports on progress.
- Build and develop an extensive network of all key NGOs/CBOs working in the area of child protection and grow our portfolio of partners.
- Maintain working partnerships and good communication with representatives of UNICEF, UNHCR INGOs and the Ministry of Social Affairs in Beirut/Mount Lebanon/South Lebanon.
- Build and maintain partnership with local NGOs/CBOs and local governance structures (including municipalities) to ensure their support on the child protection programming.
- In collaboration with the Child Protection Coordinator roll out the capacity building plan of each partner.
- In collaboration with the Child Protection Coordinator organize monthly meetings with implementing partners to discuss progress and challenges. Carry out extensive visits to sites where the project is implemented including Palestinian camps and deprived neighborhood.
Overall Management and Coordination
- Submit reports concerning implemented outreach activities.
- Ensure constant and transparent communication and collaboration with relevant community structures and community leaders.
- Document best practices and case studies for the purpose of reporting, advocacy and media efforts.
- Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the Child Protection Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree social work or related social studies
- Two to three years of experience in the Child Protection field
- At least one year of experience with International NGOs or in an emergency context
- Experience in team leading and handling programmes action plans
- Experience in Psycho social Support programming and community mobilisation
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Ability to write weekly and monthly reports
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches