Civic Engagement M&E Manager
Mercy Corps, Bamako, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Technical Leadership of Design, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Contribute to program design to ensure adherence to Mercy Corps, donor and international standards, including the use of standardized indicators and documentation methodologies.
- Develop results chains, monitoring systems and feedback loops that enable frequent and regular learning sessions and periodic activity redesigns.
- Provide leadership and training in the development of the M&E Plan, M&E tools, survey design, methodology, data collection and analysis.
- Work in partnership with program teams and Mercy Corps’ HQ-based Technical Support Unit (TSU).
- Assist in the recruitment of competent M&E program staff and organize the program team to perform M&E activities.
Monitoring & Evaluation System Development
- Establish an M&E system serving the needs of the overall program both for components implemented by Mercy Corps and for sub-grantees,
- Create effective and easy tools and processes to facilitate project monitoring, and train Mercy Corps and partner staff.
- Conduct assessments of partner capacity vis à vis monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with program team and partners to ensure monitoring and evaluation instruments are effective and being used appropriately.
- Develop a coordinated data management system to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, etc.
- Work with IT professionals to develop and implement integration of information management systems.
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&E system, including the periodic reflection and analysis of program monitoring data.
- Support a culture of learning across programs through consistent sharing of M&E processes and systems.
- Work with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to enhance organizational learning which directly impacts staff performance.
- Provide leadership to ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems amongst all implementers are well coordinated.
- Ensure that partners can conduct meaningful analysis of collected data and incorporate findings into implementation.
- Document key findings from program studies and evaluations that can influence program design and donor policy.
- As part of Mercy Corps’ agency-wide Organizational Learning Initiative, all team members are responsible for spending 5% of their work time in formal and/or non-formal professional learning, that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/S or equivalent in International Development or a relevant field. Coursework in research and evaluation methodologies and statistical analysis is preferred.
- At least five years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation; previous experience working on USAID-funded programs strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in developing and working with data management systems including databases, web-based tools or other MIS solutions.
- Demonstrated experience training of M&E capacity development of field staff.
- Qualitative and quantitative experience using one of the common statistical analysis software packages is required (SPSS, Stata, SAS or EpiInfo).
- Ability to transfer knowledge through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Effective verbal and written communication in French and English is required.