Closing Date for Applications:
Summary of the position
The Cluster Coordinator is (in consultation with the Regional Manager), to prepare annual and quarterly cluster plans, oversee project coordination, monitor progress and prepares progress reports to Regional BOA and BOFED and contributes to monthly, quarterly and annual plans & reports for the donor and SNV.
- Staff Management
- Financial & Administrative Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting
- Networking, Learning & Representation
- A Bsc degree ) in a relevant field (horticulture, plant science, agricultural economics, agricultural extension,).
- Solid knowledge on horticultural production; especially pest management. In fruit clusters practical experience with fruit production is crucial; in vegetable cluster the same counts for vegetable production.
- Sound knowledge of horticulture extension system
- Familiar with gender concepts and mainstreaming
- Familiar with national strategies, functioning of government/ public sector, private sector and farmers organizations.
- Project management and planning, analytical skills combined with a practical and pragmatic approach oriented towards lasting results.
- Knowledge and experience with participatory techniques, coaching, networking, learning, alliance building and team building
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in planning & implementation of agricultural/horticultural extension service and value chain development.
- Broad experience in capacity building, extension service, facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes, farmer organization strengthen, organizational learning, change processes, and strategy formulation
- Experience in working on gender issues is an advantage.