CO Accounts Assistant
Plan International, Yaounde, Cameroon
Closing Date for Applications:
Dimensions of Role: under the direct supervision of the Country Acountant, the incumbent will among other tasks perform the following:
- Process Payment Vouchers and Journal Vouchers through GL on time and in accordance with the Operations Manual.
- Encod accrual accounting entries in accordance with the accrual accounting plan of action.
- Coordinat the receipt of all fund requests from Program Units and from all department units and ensures accuracy of fund request received from various department units.
- Maintain complete and accurate file of fund transfer transmittals and ensures that bank Balances will have sufficient balance to avoid no sufficient funds at any given point in time.
- Record all documents from other departments in the appropriate ledger (LPO, payment requests, PO, POM, PCR…)
- Record all documents sent out of Finance Department to the appropriate ledger for traceability
- Liaise with other departments to prepare the monthly and the weekly cash forecast
- File all Disbursement Vouchers/Journal Vouchers systematically no later than the following month, with all supporting documents attached and duly stamped with PAID, date and check number indicated.
- Safe-keep all unused checks and check stubs in the vault.
- Process payment to staff and keep unused funds to the vault
- Prepare the cash situation in a weekly basis and send to the Country Accountant for review
- Prepare Year-End schedules and reports accurately and on time and provides assistance in the consolidation of PUs Budget during budget period.
- Qualification and Experience
- HND or BTS in accounting, finance, management, economics
- At least 2 years’ experience preferably in an international development organization,,
- Good experience and knowledge of internal financial controls and procedures
- Good experience and knowledge of accounting and grant funds management regulations and procedure.
- Accounting experience, in data entry
- Knowledge of local finance system,
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet),
- Be bilingual (English and French)
- To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A covering letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor