Communication and Community Mobilization Officer, Hypertension Control Project, Mekong Regional Program
PATH, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the guidance, supervision and direction of the Project Director, specific responsibilities include:
- Develop communication strategies, communication tools and messages in collaboration with national/provincial partners and social enterprises, provide support and monitor implementation of communication activities;
- Develop community strategies and mobilize community-based groups such as women’s unions, elderly clubs, and social clubs to participate in hypertension control activities;
- Track progress and outcomes from community mobilization activities;
- Collaborate with health officials in Ho Chi Minh City for project design, implementation, and supportive supervision and monitoring;
- Serve as the point person for coordinating with national/provincial partners and social enterprises and mass media for communication activities;
- Coordinate closely with PATH’s Global Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) leaders/staff to develop communication strategies.
- Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese and English;
- Demonstrated presentation skills;
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team;
- Willingness and ability to travel within Vietnam up to 30 percent per year.
- Advanced degree in public health, communications or relevant field;
- Experience in developing communication strategies;
- Experience in mobilizing community based groups in public health programs;
- Experience working effectively with government counterparts at both national and provincial levels, social enterprises and mass/social media;
- Experience working effectively with government counterparts at both national and provincial level and with the private sector;
- At least five years of experience working in communications and/or community mobilization;
- Work experience in conducting communication campaigns is required and non-communicable disease would be an asset as would experience in public-private partnerships.
- PATH seeks a Communication and Community Mobilization Officer to implement and monitor communication and community mobilization activities for a new, 3-year project aimed at reducing hypertension-related morbidity and mortality in Vietnam.
- This position will be based in Ho Chi Minh City.