Communication and Documentation Officer
ActionAid International, To be based in Harare Nairobi or London, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
- As Communication and Documentation Officer you will support the project’s aims and policy and advocacy goals by taking responsibility for devising and implementing an effective communication and documentation strategy.
- You will ensure communication planning is in line with our mission, values and strategy and that work meets policies and brand guidelines.
- Day-to-day you will draft project-relevant blogs, capitalise on opportunities for external media engagement and prepare case studies and media stories to illustrate the human face of the project.
- You will also monitor effectiveness and share learning to improve performance. In addition you will help build the capacity of teams by providing technical training, coaching and support.
- Educated to degree level you must have experience of leading communications aimed at engaging the public and influencing decision makers.
- You will be skilled at writing effectively for a range of audiences and must have been involved in content production, use of social media and commissioning photography/video.
- Committed to promoting women’s rights, you must also be able to operate across functions and have excellent communication, organisational and negotiation skills.
- If you have the skills and passion to make a difference please visit our website for further information: www.actionaid.org/jobs
- In order to be considered for this position, you will need to have eligibility to work in Zimbabwe, Kenya or UK and you will need to provide proof of your eligibility to work in these locations.
- We will not be able to consider your application if you do not have the eligibility to work in either one of these locations.
- Are you the right person for the job? Please read this carefully before you apply:
- Please address the person specification in your application point by point and in detail as it enables us to identify the skills, knowledge and experience you have to be able to do the job effectively.
- Please check your application and make sure you meet all the essential criteria listed in the person specification, in addition your application will be stronger if you meet at least some of the desirable criteria. If you do not meet at least all the essential criteria, please don’t apply as we only invite candidates for an interview if they meet the essential criteria listed on the job description.
- Thank you for your understanding.
- ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity.
- Applications should be sent with your CV, motivation cover letter by no later than 30th June 2016.
- You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role.
- Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. Ref No: V040
- External Applications send to: email@example.com